Graduates in Class of 2020: 564
Graduation Speakers: Anthony Slade (commencement speaker), Gloryanne Gatbunton (senior class president), Simran Bhagat (National Honor Society president), Robert Troiola (student council president)
Class Officers: President Gloryanne Gatbunton, Vice-President Rebecca Nygren, Secretary Emily Walker, Treasurer Taylor Cotte, Historian Kassidy Butler and Ola (Aleksandra) Los.
• Girls Golf IHSA Regional Champions (1st State Series title at any level in school history); Senior team members: Simran Bhagat, Anya Choksi, Victoria Hocuk, Marissa Leban
• Fall All DuKane Conference: Anthony Beacom (football) Maria Angela Cardone (girls swimming); Grayden McClellan (boys soccer); Oleksandr Melnyk (boys soccer); Victor Rodriguez (football); Ryan Schleimer (football); Olivia Szylar (girls volleyball).
• Girls Basketball Team IHSA Class 4A State Finals, IHSA Super Sectional, Sectional, Regional Champions, DuKane Conference Co-Champions; Senior team members: Aleksa Litt, Kelli Moy, Darrione Rogers, Alexandra Stonkus, Brayana Walker.
• Boys Basketball IHSA Class 4A Regional Champions; Senior team members: Joseph Czaja, Payton Goldsmith, Marcellus Hardison, Joseph Harrington, Bryce Koch, Trevor Montiel, John Myers, Declan O'Brien, Montrell Perry, Luke Sgarbossa.
• Competitive Dance IHSA Class 3A State Runner Up, DuKane Conference Champions; Senior team members: Ashley Ernsting, Juliana Lobraco, Leah Ludwig, Jenna McNally, Taylor Westney.
• Girls Gymnastics IHSA Regional Champions, DuKane Conference Champions; Senior Team Members: Julia Kurek, Julia Naronowicz, Julianna Passi.
• Boys Bowling IHSA Team State Qualifiers (13th consecutive year advancing to state as team); Senior Team Members: Shazad Akhtar, Luis Arias; Head Coach Greg Edwards retiring after 19 seasons as only head coach in program history.
• Individual Winter Honors (Seniors): Trevor Montiel (boys basketball) -- All DuKane Conference; Luke Sgarbossa (boys basketball) -- All DuKane Conference; Ben Kimmel (boys swimming) -- All DuKane Conference, IHSA Sectional Champion and State Medalist; Anthony Slade (boys swimming) -- All DuKane Conference; Norbert Szczotka (boys swimming) -- All DuKane Conference, IHSA State Qualifier; Darrione Rogers (girls basketball) -- DuKane Conference Player of the Year, Illinois Basketball Coaches Association All-State 1st Team, AP All State 1st Team, Runner Up Illinois Miss Basketball; Julia Kurek (girls gymnastics) -- IHSA State Qualifier, IHSA Regional Champion, DuKane Conference Champion, All DuKane Conference; Julia Naronowicz (girls gymnastics) -- IHSA State Qualifier, IHSA Regional Champion, DuKane Conference Champion, All DuKane Conference; Ashley Ernsting (competitive dance) -- All DuKane Conference; Juliana Lobraco (competitive dance) -- All DuKane Conference; Leah Ludwig (competitive dance) -- All DuKane Conference; Jenna McNally (competitive dance) -- All DuKane Conference; Taylor Westney (competitive dance) -- All DuKane Conference; Victor Rodriguez (wrestling) -- IHSA State Qualifier, All DuKane Conference.
• Athletic Scholarship/National Letter of Intent Signees: Nick Aehlert (baseball) -- Belmont Abbey College; Cassi Barbanente (girls gymnastics) -- Arizona State University; Anthony Beacom (football) -- Northern Illinois University;
Zach Frye (track & field) -- University of Louisville; Ben Kimmel (boys swimming) -- Indiana University Purdue University (IUPUI); Nathanael Merchant (lacrosse) -- Mount St. Mary's University; Darrione Rogers (girls basketball) -- DePaul University; Ryan Schleimer (football) -- Missouri Southern State University; Olivia Szylar (girls volleyball) -- Eastern Michigan University.
• ILMEA District Choral Festival -- Alexandra Taylor
• Senior members of Vocal Jazz Ensemble selected to perform at New York Voices Jazz Festival -- Allison Banayat, Alex Bonilla, Nina Dolan, Olivia Hahn, Isaac Lopez, Emily Martyka, Frank Maturo, Erin Murphy, Brian Provenzano, Angelina Saathoff, Alexandra Tayler, Gabe Williams
• Marching Band Drum Majors -- Karen Ramirez, Ariana Velasquez
• IHSA Chess State Tournament Qualifiers -- Jacob Sowizral, Zymon Lucer
• DECA State Competition Qualifiers -- Brook Wang-Swiontek, Asad Abidi, Myra Zaki, Shalin Doshi, Jackie Kawczynski, Hima Mekala, Alfonso Munaco, Marco Aranda, Anthony Slade, Rachel Abraham, Alexandra Stonkus, Isabella Vitacco, Haifa Sahouri, Aneesa Goyal, Melia Thakker, Gloryanne Gatbunton, Joshua Falco, Sebastian Jung
• DKC Conference Champions and IHSA Math State Tournament Qualifiers -- Chad Berkich, Nick Paterala, Simran Bhagat, Allison Banayat
• Robotics State Qualifier -- Danielle Horner
• Robotics State and Worlds Qualifiers -- Declan Moore, Nathan Harmon, Brian Lupa
• Youth and Government Springfield Assembly -- Rachel Abraham, Simran Bhagat, Paulina Czupryna, Jay Harrison, Dylan Hunn, Kosta Lolos, Erin Mack, Hunter McCrea, Mihaela Mihai, Avni Patel, Michael Pateral, Nick Paterala, Anthie Poulos, Hunter Skalman, Anthony Slade, Jacob Sowizral
• Oswego East Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Tournament Champions -- Michelangelo Castillo, Esteban Alegria, Warren Hernandez, Jackson Clark, Esteban Alegria
Theater productions: "Barefoot in the Park," "Miss Nelson is Missing," "Noises Off," "A Christmas Story," "The Hobbit" (IHSA Group Interpretation), "Proof" (IHSA contest play). "Chicago" (musical).
Senior Class gift: Donations to the University of Chicago, and iBIO to support health care workers and first responders fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
Homecoming Queens and King: Isabella Vitacco, Guadalupe Gonzalez and Anthony Schwegler
Homecoming theme: 80s
Senior Class gift: Seniors donated $1,000 to University of Chicago and $1,000 to iBIO COVID-19 Response Fund.
What was new for the Class of 2020: The Class of 2020 was the first class in Lake Park history to experience a One Principal model during their entire four years. This administrative change was the result of the West Campus principal retiring and the East Campus principal promoted to the district office; Lake Park High School District 108 hosted a ribbon-cutting event in June 2017 to celebrate completion of two solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, making it one of the first public school districts in Illinois to adopt solar power on a large scale.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: The class of 2020. What a remarkable group you are. From the moment they began at Lake Park High School, way back in August 2016, we knew they were a special group. Their pride, passion, energy, enthusiasm and resilience have been evident since the day they began. Trust me when I say this, what they have done throughout their time at Lake Park has far exceeded what anyone could have ever imagined. Day after day, we have been amazed at all our Class of 2020 has accomplished -- in the classroom, on the field, in the theater, on the court, in the community & beyond. To say we are proud would be an understatement!
-- Principal Dominic Manola