Couple displaced by trailer fire receives aid from hotel

 
Updated 5/22/2020 9:53 PM

A cooking fire destroyed a trailer in Park City on Friday and displaced the couple living there.

But, Gurnee Fire Deparment Lt. Jim Gramer said, the couple were able to stay free overnight at Residence Inn by Marriott in Waukegan through an arrangement with the fire department.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Firefighters responded to the 3500 block of Elaine Avenue at 6:12 p.m. Gramer said a grease fire escalated after someone tried to put it out with baking flour.

There were no injuries. The trailer was a total loss because of smoke and water damage.

The couple, who had no insurance, had been renting, Gramer said.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.