Maintenance garage catches fire in Bartlett

 
By Mary Chappell
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 1/23/2020 11:02 PM

A maintenance garage caught fire in Bartlett Thursday morning, but the flames were extinguished quickly.

Crews responded to the 1400 block of West Lake Street at 8:37 a.m. and reported moderate smoke in a maintenance garage, according to a news release from the Bartlett Fire Protection District. The fire was coming from the bottom of a boiler unit, the release said.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

Firefighters used an extinguisher, and the fire was declared under control at 8:56 a.m.

Nobody was injured, and the building is still habitable. Damage estimates are unknown.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.