Film crew voiced complaints before fatal on-set shooting
Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fired a fatal gunshot from a prop gun that he had been told was safe, seven camera crew members for the movie he was filming walked off the job to protest conditions and production issues that included safety concerns.
Biden to meet Pope Francis amid some rifts with US bishopsThere's an intriguing subplot to President Joe Biden's meeting with Pope Francis this coming Friday at the Vatican
EXPLAINER: How wildfires impact wildlife, their habitatWildlife centers in the U.S. West are caring for animals that weren't able to flee the flames or are looking for food in burned-over places
Uganda's president says deadly blast likely a terrorist actUgandan President Yoweri Museveni says an explosion at an eatery in the capital, Kampala, was an apparent terrorist act
Facts Matter: FBI was not directed to spy on school parentsThe feds weren't directed to spy on parents at school board meetings, a mask study was misrepresented, and an image of Jeff Bezos with William Shatner was altered by someone who sought to show "space is fake," Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
Illinois bookkeeper sentenced for years-long fraudA southern Illinois woman has been sentenced to four years in prison for defrauding a book-keeping client out of more than $1 million
Disruptions to schooling fall hardest on vulnerable studentsComplications wrought by the pandemic persist in schools and often fall hardest on those least able to weather them
Hurricane Rick strengthens nearing Mexico's Pacific coastHurricane Rick has strengthened a bit while heading for Mexico's southern Pacific coast, where it is expected to make landfall Monday
Veterans resource fair in WheatonThe Veterans Assistance Commission of DuPage County and the DuPage County recorder's office will host a DuPage Veterans Resource Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 4.
Man fatally shot in Park City on SundayA 27-year-old North Chicago man was fatally shot outside an apartment complex in Park City on Sunday.
Weekend closes on rainy, gloomy noteAfter a picture-perfect fall day on Saturday, the weekend closed with a rain-filled, gloomy Sunday.
- 6:43 PMWeekend closes on rainy, gloomy note
- 6:33 PMRemains found at forest preserve identified as Elmhurst man missing for 14 months
- 5:54 PMDrought-stricken California doused by major storm
- 5:51 PMBeleaguered Haiti capital brought to brink by fuel shortages
- 5:21 PMDes Plaines man who was subject of public alert has been found
- 5:13 PMKane sheriff investigating threat made against Central High School
- 5:11 PMMundelein village board meets Monday
More Suburban News
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- Lake in the HillsLake in the Hills to host Lights On Afterschool event
- Prep FootballPlayoff matchups set for eight football teams from Northwest suburbs
- Des PlainesAlgonquin Road closing at rail crossing Oct. 26
- Prep FootballWauconda (9-0) leads 8 Lake County teams into playoffs
- Prep FootballTrio of 9-0 teams leads Fox area postseason contingent
- Prep FootballBreaking down DuPage County first-round state playoff matchups
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington nips Libertyville in regional title game
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Grayslake Central downs Prairie Ridge to move on
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nava notches another hat trick, leads Elgin to regional title
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mundelein upsets Warren in regional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Stevenson outlasts Buffalo Grove for regional crown
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Timothy Christian advances to 1A supersectional
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Wheaton Academy rolls to sectional championship
- Prep FootballFriday night Northwest suburbs roundup: Maine South holds off New Trier to clinch CSL South outright.