Cigarette sparks blaze at Buffalo Grove home

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 12/11/2019 5:06 PM

A cigarette disposed in a container containing flammable planting material three days ago ignited a small blaze Wednesday in Buffalo Grove.

The occupant of a home on the 900 block of Chambliss Lane reported smelling smoke shortly before the home's smoke detectors went off about 2:20 a.m. The resident saw smoke coming from a container on the deck outside the kitchen. After opening a window, the resident sprayed the container with the nozzle from the kitchen sink.

 

Firefighters used a thermal-imaging camera to determine the fire had spread into the kitchen walls. They extinguished the blaze within 30 minutes, officials said.

No injuries were reported. The home sustained minor heat, smoke and water damage.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.