No injuries in Streamwood house fire

  • Courtesy of the Streamwood Fire DepartmentThe damage to a house that caught fire Monday night on the 200 block of Iris Drive in Streamwood was estimated at $80,000.

    Courtesy of the Streamwood Fire DepartmentThe damage to a house that caught fire Monday night on the 200 block of Iris Drive in Streamwood was estimated at $80,000.

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 11/11/2019 11:47 PM

A house caught fire Monday night on the 200 block of Iris Drive in Streamwood.

Firefighters responded about 10:10 p.m. The blaze originated in the chimney and spread to the attic, according to a fire department news release.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 

No one was injured, the news release said, and the damage was estimated at $80,000.

Investigators were still on the scene late Monday night.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.