Fox Valley police reports
• Joshua Aaron Boneta, 21, of the 2200 block of Pepper Valley Drive, Geneva, was arrested and charged with driving while license suspended, not having insurance, speeding in a construction zone and illegal transportation of alcohol, after a traffic stop at 12:40 a.m. Monday on the 800 block of Randall Road, according to police.
• Padlocks and latches at Walmart, 801 N. Randall Road, were damaged between 10 p.m. Oct. 1 and 5 a.m. Oct. 2 in an attempted burglary.
• Two laptops with a combined value of $500 were stolen between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Oct. 2 from a home on the 9N800 block of Hogan Hill near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 100 block of North Buckingham Drive near Sugar Grove reported a case of forgery at 11:49 a.m. Thursday after learning someone altered a $500 check she wrote for her granddaughter in college in Chicago and withdrew $1,200 from the woman's account, according to a sheriff's report.
• Wesley L. Nicolay, 25, of the 7N0-99 block of Riverside Drive, St. Charles, was arrested and charged with criminal damage to property at 10:17 p.m. Sunday, according to a sheriff's report. He is accused of breaking a $450 vehicle window on the 6N900 block of Maple Avenue near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Three batteries, two drills and three wrenches, a total value of $1,277, were stolen between 3:30 p.m. Friday and 6:20 a.m. Monday from a work van parked on the 14N900 block of Route 20 near Hampshire.