Sanders, Bloomberg face attacks in Democrats' South Carolina debate
Democrats unleashed a roaring assault against Bernie Sanders' electability and seized on Mike Bloomberg's past with women in the workplace in a raucous debate Tuesday night that tested the strength of the two men leading their party's presidential nomination fight.
CDC warns of broad disruption if virus spreads across U.S.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Americans should prepare for significant disruptions of daily life if the coronavirus outbreak that began in China begins to spread locally in the U.S., describing emergency plans that mimic the drastic measures taken by other countries.
AP: US opera union probe finds Placido Domingo abused powerPeople familiar with the findings have told The Associated Press that an investigation into Placido Domingo by the U.S. union representing opera performers found more than two dozen people who said they were sexually harassed or witnessed inappropriate behavior by the superstar over two decades
Mubarak, Egypt's autocrat ousted in uprising, dies at 91Hosni Mubarak, the Egyptian leader who was the autocratic face of stability in the Middle East for nearly 30 years before being forced from power in an Arab Spring uprising, died Tuesday, state-run TV announced. He was 91.
Trump defends Modi, refuses to weigh in on citizenship lawDefending the host who has showered him with pageantry, President Donald Trump refused Tuesday to speak out publicly against an Indian citizenship law pushed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi that has sparked deadly protests over discrimination against Muslims during the president's visit.
Senators voice concerns about whether U.S. is ready for coronavirusSenators of both political parties questioned Tuesday whether the White House's request for $2.5 billion is enough to prepare the United States for a possible coronavirus outbreak, even as President Donald Trump said the virus is "very well under control" here.
Great Lakes naval station could house quarantined travelersNaval Station Great Lakes near North Chicago is one of 11 military bases across the country that could house quarantined travelers exposed to coronavirus if already established Department of Health and Human Services facilities become full, according to the Department of Defense.
U.S. stocks plunge, bonds surge after CDC warningU.S. stocks tumbled to an almost 12-week low and bond yields plunged to records on rising concern the coronavirus will upend global supply chains critical to economic growth.
Years of largesse give Bloomberg his own political machineMike Bloomberg's spending on charity and politics has skyrocketed in recent years, which has made him one of the most important philanthropists and political donors in the country
Appeals court blocks release of ''Bolder Than Most' rapistA California appeals court has blocked the release of a man dubbed the 'Bolder Than Most" rapist who was charged with a string of bizarre and brutal attacks in the San Diego area in the 1980s
Syrian father teaches daughter to laugh when the bombs fallSyrian father Abdullah Mohammed would do anything for his 3-year-oldÂ daughter Salwa - even forcing himself to laugh with her at the sound of exploding bombs
California congressman's vacated seat unleashes GOP slugfestThe race to fill the vacated seat of Republican U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter of CaliforniaÂ has turned into a GOP slugfest
- 10:54 PMChina struggles to revive manufacturing amid virus outbreak
- 10:52 PMSouth Korean virus cases jump again, 1st US soldier infected
- 10:41 PMHockey coach moved from job to job, despite sex allegations
- 10:33 PMFBI raids Canadian fashion mogul following sex abuse claims
- 10:26 PMBody cam captures 6-year-old's tearful pleas during arrest
- 10:08 PMDefendant in Glen Ellyn murder trial says he doesn't remember strangling ex-wife
- 10:05 PMChina sentences Swedish bookseller to 10 years in prison
More Suburban News
- Des PlainesPalatine man being held on $100,000 for stalking woman
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove asks Cook County to ban taller fences at unincorporated truck lot
- WaukeganSheriff: Man in custody after attempting to set deputies on fire
- CrimeGrant Township man pleads guilty to strangling his wife
- CaryBoil order issued, Cary schools closed after water main break
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove to host meeting to address anonymous mailings, robocalls
- ElginSt. Charles man pleads guilty to 2017 DUI that killed DeKalb teen
- EducationU-46 wants to create a method to audit its early learner programs
- NewsU.S. Rep. Schakowsky honors award-winning Arlington Heights librarian
- AlgonquinAlgonquin's Stoneybrook Park gets grant
- Lake CountyExpand Lake County Civil War Days to include black history, candidates say
- Prospect HeightsProspect Heights delays vote on new Chicago Executive Airport layout
- Boys' BasketballScouting the MSL championship game: Buffalo Grove at Schaumburg
- Rosemont37th Chicago Golf Show tees off Friday with most exhibitors ever
- AuroraDemocratic hopefuls for Kane state's attorney differ over personally trying cases
Through the Film Magnifer: William H Macy, Illinois Bell Strike, Montgomery Wards sking, 1979 blizard and more