Suburban construction projects that will affect traffic
Thinking of taking local roads to avoid tollway construction? You'll run into plenty of roadwork there, too. Here are some projects that will affect traffic:
Cook County• Cumberland Circle reconstruction in Des Plaines.
• Lake-Cook Road reconstruction near Buffalo Grove and Wheeling.
• Bartlett Road bridge repairs at Poplar Creek near Hoffman Estates.
• West Lake Street rehab work near Des Plaines.
• Quentin Road repairs in Palatine.
• Bartlett Road repairs at Brewster Creek in Bartlett.
• Route 20 ramp work at Route 59.
• Dundee Road at Middle Fork culvert replacement near Streamwood, involves road closure.
• Route 72 resurfacing in Rosemont and Des Plaines.
• Dundee Road at Grove Avenue intersection rebuild near Inverness.
• Palatine Road repairs in Palatine and Prospect Heights.
Fox Valley• Fabyan Parkway and Kirk Road intersection rebuild in Batavia.
• Randall Road work from Red Gate Road to Weld Road near St. Charles.
• Randall Road signal work from Huntley Road to Big Timber Road in Elgin and Carpentersville.
• Widening on Randall Road at Stearns Road near South Elgin.
• Fabyan Parkway improvements over the Fox River in Geneva.
• Algonquin Road repairs from Harvest Gate to Oakleaf Road in Algonquin.
DuPage County• Resurfacing on Roosevelt Road between Elmhurst and Lombard.
• Route 59 road construction in Bartlett.
• Resurfacing on North Avenue in Carol Stream, Glendale Heights and Lombard.
• 75th Street and Naper Boulevard intersection improvements.
• 55th Street intersection improvements in Downers Grove, Westmont and Clarendon Hills.
• 75th Street resurfacing in Downers Grove.
Lake County• Grand Avenue repairs in Lake Villa and Gurnee.
• Reconstruction on Wilson Road at Nippersink Road in Round Lake.
• Quentin Road widening in Kildeer and Lake Zurich.
• Reconstruction on Weiland Road in Buffalo Grove.
• Reconstruction on Old McHenry Road in Long Grove.
• Resurfacing on Fremont Center Road near Mundelein.
• Resurfacing on Gilmer Road between Route 176 and Hawley Street.
• Turn lane additions at Hunt Club Road and Route 132 in Gurnee.