Kaneland school board seeks to fill vacancy
Because not enough people ran for available seats in the Kaneland school board election Tuesday, the district is now seeking to appoint someone to a vacancy.
Applications are due by 3 p.m. April 12.
Because the board cannot have more than three members from any township, people who live in Sugar Grove Township are not eligible.
Applicants should send a letter and resume to the school board at 47W326 Keslinger Road, Maple Park, Illinois 60151.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18, a resident of Illinois and the district for at least one year preceding appointment, and a registered voter.
Applicants are expected to familiarize themselves about the board's duties and responsibilities by reading its policy manual at kaneland.org.
The board expects to appoint someone by April 29. The person would serve until the 2021 consolidated election.
There were four seats up for election Tuesday. Only three people ran: incumbents Ryan Kerry, Megan Junk and Teresa Witt.
Kaneland is not alone in having to appoint someone to fill vacancies because not enough people ran for election.
Other boards without enough members:
• Village of Kaneville: Needs to appoint two trustees.
• Maple Park Library: Needs three trustees.
• Village of Montgomery: Needs to appoint one trustee, because one of the candidates, incumbent Stan Bond, died before the election.
• Fox River Valley Library District: Needs one more board member.
• Huntley Area Library District: Needs two more board members.