Pandemic relief talks inch ahead
Negotiations on a huge COVID-19 relief bill have taken a modest step forward, though time is running out and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, President Donald Trump's most powerful Senate ally, is pressing the White House not to move ahead right now.
Trump tends to his electoral map, Biden eyes Obama boostPresident Donald Trump is hopping from one must-win stop on the electoral map to the next in the leadup to a final presidential debate that may be his last, best chance to alter the trajectory of the 2020 campaign.
Justices' 4-4 tie in election case raises fears from DemocratsWith Amy Coney Barrett expected to join the Supreme Court as early as next week, the court's action in a Pennsylvania voting case has heightened fears among Democrats about the court being asked to decide a post-election dispute and with it, the winner of the White House.
Another chunk of England faces tight virus restrictionsThe British government on Wednesday put another 1.4 million people into England's tightest coronavirus restrictions, but faced growing criticism that its piecemeal approach to curbing the outbreak is sowing division and confusion.
AP-NORC/USAFacts poll: Many in US distrust campaign infoIn a presidential election year that has thrown the country's divisions into stark relief, Americans can agree on this: Misinformation about government and politics is a major problem.
Barack Obama to hold his first in-person event for Joe BidenFormer President Barack Obama is returning to Philadelphia on Wednesday for his first in-person 2020 campaign event for Joe Biden.
Next up in hunt for COVID-19 vaccine: Testing shots in kidsThe global hunt for a COVID-19 vaccine for kids is only just beginning -- a lagging start that has some U.S. pediatricians worried they may not know if any shots work for young children in time for the next school year.
Pope reverts to mask-less old ways amid growing criticismA day after donning a face mask for the first time during a liturgical service, Pope Francis was back to his mask-less old ways Wednesday despite surging coronavirus infections across Europe and growing criticism of his behavior and the example he is setting.
A decade after deadly cholera epidemic, Haiti awaits helpTen years after a cholera epidemic swept through Haiti and killed nearly 10,000 people, families of victims still struggle financially and await compensation from the United Nations as many continue to drink from and bathe in a river that became ground zero for the waterborne disease
Biden's lessons learned: spending time, money in MidwestJoe Biden has visited Wisconsin just twice as the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee
Hurricane Epsilon, the 10th of a busy season, nears BermudaHurricane Epsilon, the 10th of this very busy Atlantic season, is moving toward Bermuda and could hit the island on Thursday
- 1:25 PMLibertyville, Vernon Hills school districts pause planned hybrid learning
- 12:57 PMSpain 1st in western Europe to hit 1 million virus cases
- 12:48 PMOnce a Madigan donor, Stephens now says he's taking on speaker's 'corruption'
- 12:47 PMCanadian opposition leader says he won't vote for election
- 12:45 PMFrancis becomes 1st pope to endorse same-sex civil unions
- 12:33 PMFall colors brighten Somme Woods
- 12:30 PMWith cakes, solitary Sabbaths sweetened for older Israelis
More Suburban News
- NewsNo injuries in Arlington Heights house fire
- CarpentersvilleAlleged cocaine dealer unknowingly arranged sale with undercover officer, witnesses testify
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Business Association to toast village like never before
- Lake CountyHow Lake County Board candidates assess COVID-19 response
- NewsNew Arlington Heights garbage contract is cheaper, but service is less frequent
- ElginUrgent need leads to new, earlier date for MLK Food Drive in Elgin
- NewsWe're looking for your best photos for our 2021 calendar
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove outsourcing more public works tasks
- EducationDistrict 158's updated hybrid plan comes as district reports 16 cases over two weeks
- Wood DaleWhy we walk: 'My dad was my rock, and today I must fill that role for him'
- BensenvilleWhy Bensenville fire district is asking voters for tax request
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Hersey's Harden, Prospect shine at MSL meet
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Rolling Meadows' Barretto has historic run
- Prep FootballFormer Geneva AD Schick passes away at 90
- LibertyvilleLibertyville, Vernon Hills school districts pause planned hybrid learning
Through the Film Magnifier: Chubby Checker, Harrison Ford, Astronaut Jim Lovell and Dance Fever contestants