'We're getting out': Trump says cease-fire in Syria is permanent
"We're getting out," President Donald Trump said at the White House, asserting that tens of thousands of Kurdish lives were saved as the result of his actions. "Let someone else fight over this long, bloodstained sand," he said.
Iraq official: US troops from Syria to leave Iraq in 4 weeksUS troops withdrawing from Syria to Iraq are 'transiting,' will leave Iraq within four weeks
Is the stethoscope dying? High-tech rivals pose a threatTwo centuries after its invention, the stethoscope -- the very symbol of the medical profession -- is facing an uncertain prognosis
Key takeaways from ambassador's testimony on UkraineKey takeaways from ambassador's testimony on Ukraine
Zuckerberg tries to convince skeptical congress on Libra, privacyFacebook Inc. Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg struggled to convince Congress that the company's plans for a cryptocurrency are wise in light of all the other challenges the company has failed to solve.
Putin aims to boost Moscow's clout with Russia-Africa summitPutin aims to boost Moscow's clout with 1st Russia-Africa summit, hosting dozens of leaders
Video shows police officer tackling an 11-year-old girl he accused of being 'disruptive' at schoolThe veteran police officer had already pushed the sixth-grader against a brick wall and shoved her to the ground when he shouted at her to "stop resisting."
Federal judges seem skeptical of Trump arguments in tax caseA federal appeal panel isn't buying arguments by President Donald Trump's lawyers that his tax returns can't be given to a state grand jury
2 being charged in death of missing girl found in trashPolice say they will charge two people in the death of a 3-year-old Alabama girl whose body was found amid trash 10 days after she was kidnapped from a birthday party
ECC professor seeks Latinx voices for oral history projectParticipants willing to share their experiences are being sought to take part in the Chicagolandia Oral History Project. The study will document the lives, work, and culture of Latinx suburban communities around Chicago, including Elgin, Waukegan, Aurora, Joliet, and beyond.
- 10:29 PMNissan ex-chairman Ghosn's lawyers want charges dismissed
- 10:28 PMNorth Korea urges US to act wisely through year-end deadline
- 10:04 PMCorrection: Election 2020-Gabbard-Clinton story
- 10:01 PMProtests rage in Chile despite president's reform promise
- 9:50 PMThe Latest: Trump says Turkey calls cease-fire 'permanent'
- 9:43 PMAddison teachers, school board reach contract agreement
- 9:35 PMCurrent, former NSC staff slated for impeachment interviews
More Suburban News
- WaukeganSpurned casino sues Waukegan, says city used false information to deny bid
- SchaumburgSchaumburg to discuss a ban on e-cigarette sales
- GenevaGeneva group hoping to double attendance at 2020 Women's March
- Elk Grove VillageNew gas station -- result of Bahamas Bowl sponsorship -- coming to Elk Grove
- NapervilleNaperville shelter plans major expansion for animals, efficiency
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Holsen's 21 kills not enough for Stevenson
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Stevenson stuns Zion-Benton
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Aguilar leads red-hot Vernon Hills to another win
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Deerfield upsets Carmel
- Prep FootballPatient Glenbard North seizing the moment
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Insurance goal helps Naperville Central advance past Batavia
- Prep FootballElgin's Lomax, Maine West's Dolphin garner Week 8 MVP honors
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd topples Hersey to claim MSL crown
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Hampshire stuns St. Edward in final 10 seconds
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Martinath, Hinsdale Central oust Downers Grove South