Carl A. Voda: Candidate profile
Name: Carl Voda
Office sought: Alderman Ward 2
Family: Wife Cindy, two children and four grandchildren
Occupation: Assistant Fire Marshal in Warrenville and self employed carpenter
Education: Wheaton North High School graduate. Several State Fire Marshal certificates and National Fire Prevention Association Certified Fire Plans Examiner.
Civic involvement: Warrenville Fireman's Association, Warrenville American Legion Post 589, Warrenville VFW Post 8081 Auxiliary, Warrenville "Friends of the 4th", and DoodleBug Workshop
Previous elected offices held: None
Incumbent? No If yes, when were you first elected?
* What are the most important issues facing your community and how do you intend to address them?
City development. Creating a responsible plan for the future of the city and the residents and business owners.
* What makes you the best candidate for the job?
I'm a lifelong resident who knows the people of the community and what makes our small town special.
* Describe your leadership style and explain how you think that will be effective in producing actions and decisions with your village board or city council.
My experience with the fire department allows me to think and evaluate quickly but also allows for thoughtfulness of what the community as a whole wants.
* How would you describe the condition of your community's budget, and what are the most important specific actions the town should take to assure providing the level of services people want?
The city budget is in good shape. We need to maintain our good standing and fiscal responsibility.
* What's one good idea you have to better the community that no one is talking about yet?
I want to listen to the community as a whole from individuals and businesses to determine what direction the city wants to move in for future development.