Iran's Revolutionary Guard announces seizure of oil tanker smuggling fuel in the Strait of Hormuz
Iranian media said the tanker was seized on Sunday -- around the same time a UAE-based vessel went missing.
'Send her back': Trump crowd responds to criticism of Omar with chantsPresident Donald Trump held a campaign rally Wednesday night during which the crowd responded to his attacks on a Somali-born Muslim congresswoman with chants of "Send her back! Send her back!" The crowd's response to Trump echoed the racist remarks he has aimed in recent days at four minority Democratic congresswomen he has accused of making hateful comments about the country.
Schumer calls for investigation into FaceApp over security concerns, Russia tiesCiting privacy risks, Schumer called on the FBI and Federal Trade Commission to probe the viral photo-editing app.
Court documents: Trump spoke repeatedly with Cohen, aides amid scramble to pay Stormy DanielsA judge ordered release of investigative materials involving the federal probe of payments made to protect Trump's candidacy.
House prepares to pass long-sought $15 minimum wage legislationRepublicans oppose the legislation, which has become a rallying cry for Democrats running for president.
Bunker, campsite, scout jamboree: Readers recall where they watched Armstrong's first step on moonWhat to watch: live TV coverage of Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon, or your cat Blackie having kittens? That was a dilemma for the Irwin children of Palatine back in 1969. They are among many Daily Herald readers who share their memories of the day Neil Armstrong took his historic first step on the moon.
You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.When an app goes viral, how can you know if it's all good fun -- or covertly violating your privacy by, say, sending your face to the Russian government? That's the burning question about FaceApp.
The president's new helicopter has a flaw: It scorches the White House lawnThe presidential helicopter isn't supposed to leave scorch marks on the White House lawn. So the Navy and Lockheed Martin are working to fix a "high risk" problem after the new Marine One did just that in a test without the president on board.
Nevada: Feds should restudy seismic risk at nuke dump siteNevada's governor and congressional delegation say recent earthquakes should make the U.S. Energy Department look again at seismic risks at a site eyed as the place to bury the nation's nuclear waste
House votes to block sale of weapons to Saudi ArabiaCongress is heading for a showdown with President Donald Trump after the House voted to block his administration from selling billions of dollars of weapons and maintenance support to Saudi Arabia
Hawaii expands power to block telescope protestersThousands of protesters have joined a swelling effort to stop construction of a telescope they've spent years trying to keep off a mountain sacred to some Native Hawaiians
- 10:27 PMAmerican warship destroys Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz
- 10:27 PMPolice overseers fire 4 officers in McDonald-related case
- 10:11 PMNaperville wants your input on intersection plan
- 10:04 PMAP News in Brief at 11:04 p.m. EDT
- 10:03 PMA timeline of the Chicago police shooting of Laquan McDonald
- 9:50 PMSally Field, 'Sesame Street' to receive Kennedy Center award
- 9:31 PMAnime studio hit by deadly fire is known for skill, fan base
More Suburban News
- Campton HillsCampton Township, preservationists pleased that historic schoolhouse will stay put
- Mount Prospect2 Chicago men charged in Mt. Prospect burglary
- Glendale HeightsGlendale Heights woman charged in elaborate identify theft scheme
- St. CharlesKane County Fair continues steamy run through Sunday
- ElginResidents decry letter from Elgin Twp. as endorsement of vendor
- BloomingdaleFormer WBBM broadcast tower dismantled in Itasca
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove approves change in Link Crossing agreement
- Lake CountySex assault and child porn suspect indicted
- NapervilleNaperville wants your input on intersection plan
- Addison3 DuPage Democrats want county to permit recreational pot sales
- Lake BarringtonLake Barrington against recreational marijuana sales
- St. CharlesSt. Charles family business among those helping NASA reach the stars
- CarpentersvilleElgin veteran honors military, first responders with flag displays
- WheatonFederal filing: Ives seeking Casten's U.S. House seat
- GurneeGurnee to pay to keep bike path on proposed Stearns School Road bridge replacement