Trump steps up attack on minority congresswomen, saying they 'hate our country'
President Donald Trump said Monday that he is not concerned by criticism that his tweets suggesting four minority congresswomen return to their home countries were racist, asserting that they hate the United States and are free to leave.
Trump administration moves to restrict asylum accessThe new rule, to take effect Tuesday, would require asylum seekers to request refuge in countries they reach before they get to the United States.
Florida expert flies to Chicago to help catch alligatorAn expert from Florida has been summoned to Chicago to help authorities catch an elusive alligator in a public lagoon.
Amazon's Prime Day: 5 things to know before you shopThe annual event starting Monday is one of the e-commerce giant's top grossers and has forced other retailers to come up with counter programing.
Consulting firm to evaluate Chicago casino feasibilityThe Illinois Gaming Board has selected a consulting firm to conduct a feasibility study for a casino in Chicago
Indiana casino hotel closes with planned move to inland siteA 300-room hotel built opened by Donald Trump's casino company in 1998 to help draw gamblers to a northwestern Indiana casino has been shut down
Rome police evict Italian, migrant squatters from ex-schoolItalian police are evacuating migrants and others from an abandoned former school on Rome's outskirts in the latest operation to empty occupied buildings of migrants and squatters
South Africa's ex-president appears at corruption inquestFormer South African president Jacob Zuma is appearing Monday before a state commission probing allegations of corruption in during his tenure as the country's leader
Prosecutor calls for demotion of Indiana city's police chiefA central Indiana prosecutor is calling the demotion of Anderson's police chief over a confrontation with state troopers who were arresting the chief's son
Woman, 2 kids dead in fiery freeway crash in IndianapolisAuthorities say a woman and two children have died in a fiery, seven-vehicle crash on a freeway in Indianapolis
Asian shares mixed in lackluster trading, Nikkei falls 0.6%Asian shares little changed and mixed in quiet trading amid a lack of fresh market-moving news as investors looked ahead to earnings season
- 12:15 AMMeek Mill seeks new trial, judge after decade-long probation
- 11:59 PMMove to get Mitsubishi's assets sold amid SKorea-Japan fight
- 11:55 PMHawaii protesters vow 'prolonged struggle' against telescope
- 11:50 PMMotorcyclist dies after crash on I-90 near Hoffman Estates
- 11:39 PMMan struck, killed by car in Barrington Hills
- 11:30 PMGOP: US land agency is moving West, closer to its territory
- 11:28 PMFacebook's new currency plan under scrutiny in Congress
More Suburban News
- Hoffman EstatesMotorcyclist dies after crash on I-90 near Hoffman Estates
- NapervilleNaperville looking at three different options with marijuana sales
- GurneeSheriff's office: Gurnee man was served order of protection, then crashed car
- Lake ZurichWork on Life Time Fitness center in Lake Zurich under way
- BataviaElderday Center to re-open, with fresh leadership
- NapervilleDeVry completes HQ move to Naperville
- Cook County26,500 Cook County seniors didn't reapply for property tax discounts
- Island LakeLawsuit from ex-cops alleges corruption in Island Lake
- AuroraAurora man who blackmailed woman for sex in 2015 now arrested on gun, drug charges
- NapervilleHow Loaves & Fishes in Naperville grew from helping 8 families in 1984 to 4,650 last year
- Waukegan'Kindred Spirits Live' and Whitney Houston tribute coming to Genesee
- NewsSt. James Theatre troupe marks 50th in Arlington Heights
- Barrington HillsMan struck, killed by car in Barrington Hills
- DuPage CountySources: Mom texted about 'unruly' kids before Elmhurst-area shooting, then texted she did it
- NapervilleLittle Friends proceeding toward Naperville land sale, but not necessarily to North Central College