Renovations spark fire at Mount Prospect industrial building

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 7/16/2018 4:55 PM

Fire broke out Monday afternoon in a vacant industrial building in Mount Prospect, filling the space with smoke but causing no injuries or significant damage, authorities said.

Mount Prospect firefighters responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Lakeview Court at 1:52 p.m. and had the fire under control within about 10 minutes, Chief Brian Lambel said.

 

The fire began when roof repair work being done as part of a renovation led to sparks falling onto insulation inside the building, Lambel said. A fire sprinkler helped contain the blaze before firefighters arrived.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DailyHeraldFans/. Thank you.