Film crew voiced complaints before fatal on-set shooting
Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fired a fatal gunshot from a prop gun that he had been told was safe, seven camera crew members for the movie he was filming walked off the job to protest conditions and production issues that included safety concerns.
Biden to meet Pope Francis amid some rifts with US bishopsThere's an intriguing subplot to President Joe Biden's meeting with Pope Francis this coming Friday at the Vatican
EXPLAINER: How wildfires impact wildlife, their habitatWildlife centers in the U.S. West are caring for animals that weren't able to flee the flames or are looking for food in burned-over places
Uganda's president says deadly blast likely a terrorist actUgandan President Yoweri Museveni says an explosion at an eatery in the capital, Kampala, was an apparent terrorist act
Facts Matter: FBI was not directed to spy on school parentsThe feds weren't directed to spy on parents at school board meetings, a mask study was misrepresented, and an image of Jeff Bezos with William Shatner was altered by someone who sought to show "space is fake," Bob Oswald says in his Facts Matter column.
Illinois bookkeeper sentenced for years-long fraudA southern Illinois woman has been sentenced to four years in prison for defrauding a book-keeping client out of more than $1 million
Disruptions to schooling fall hardest on vulnerable studentsComplications wrought by the pandemic persist in schools and often fall hardest on those least able to weather them
Forecasters say California storm could bring 'historic' rainA powerful storm roared ashore in Northern California, flooding highways, toppling trees and and causing mud flows in areas burned bare by recent fires as forecasters predict record-breaking rainfall
62-year-old man struck by car while driving riding mowerA 62-year-old man was critically injured Saturday night when the riding mower he was driving on Route 59 in an unincorporated area near Lake Villa was struck by a car.
Beleaguered Haiti capital brought to brink by fuel shortagesHaiti's capital has been brought to the brink of exhaustion by fuel shortages, after staggered along despite an earthquake, the assassination of the president, gang violence and mass kidnappings
Remains of United executive found at suburban Chicago forestAn autopsy has confirmed that human remains found at a suburban Chicago nature preserve are of a United Airlines executive reported missing more than a year ago
- 4:14 PM2,000 migrants continue walk through southern Mexico
- 3:36 PMRemains found at forest preserve identified as Elmhurst man missing for 14 months
- 3:28 PMKane sheriff investigating threat made against Central High School
- 2:34 PMWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- 2:26 PMIllinois city of Peoria records 30-year record for homicides
- 1:34 PMOrthodox patriarch hospitalized at start of 12-day US visit
- 12:31 PMJay Black, singer for Jay and the Americans, dies at 82
More Suburban News
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- Prep FootballPlayoff matchups set for eight football teams from Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballWauconda (9-0) leads 8 Lake County teams into playoffs
- Prep FootballTrio of 9-0 teams leads Fox area postseason contingent
- Prep FootballBreaking down DuPage County first-round state playoff matchups
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Barrington nips Libertyville in regional title game
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Grayslake Central downs Prairie Ridge to move on
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nava notches another hat trick, leads Elgin to regional title
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mundelein upsets Warren in regional final
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Stevenson outlasts Buffalo Grove for regional crown
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Timothy Christian advances to 1A supersectional
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Wheaton Academy rolls to sectional championship
- Prep FootballFriday night Northwest suburbs roundup: Maine South holds off New Trier to clinch CSL South outright.
- Lake Villa62-year-old man struck by car while driving riding mower
- NewsRemains found at forest preserve identified as Elmhurst man missing for 14 months