China warns US tariffs will 'escalate trade friction'
China appeals to Washington to 'meet each other halfway' and settle a tariff war, warns planned U.S. tariff hikes will 'escalate trade friction'
Could a new Rivers Casino be headed to Waukegan?The owners of Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights have proposed building a casino in Waukegan.
Danish ex-PM attacks Trump for comments on defense spendingA former Danish prime minister has lashed out at U.S. President Donald Trump for his tweet about military spending, saying military willingness is not just about the amount of money spent
Pritzker signs new law raising teacher pay minimum to $40,000Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has signed legislation raising teachers' minimum salary to $40,000 over four years to address a statewide shortage of classroom leaders.
A viral Instagram hoax dupes A-listers -- and the man overseeing our nuclear arsenalBy the time Instagram debunked the hoax, a slew of celebrities had shared the misinformation with their sizable online followings. The long list of those apparently duped includes director Judd Apatow, actress Julia Roberts, actor Rob Lowe, singer Usher and, to some commenters' particular derision, Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.
AP-NORC poll: 62% disapprove of how Trump's handling his jobA new AP-NORC poll finds 62% of Americans disapprove of the way President Donald Trump is handling his job while just 36% approve
Iran's president says 'talks are useless' in dealing with USIranian president takes stern tone, says 'talks are useless' in dealing with US as nuclear deal crumbles further
Pilot says plane crash into California ocean was no stuntThe pilot of a small plane that went down in the waters off Northern California is a self-professed thrill-seeker whose stunts have sometimes gotten him into scrapes
Russia sends robot into space to test out new booster rocketRussia has sent a humanoid robot to the International Space Station as part of tests on a new rocket that is expected to replace the current vehicle
All aboard! Amtrak's Chicago to New Orleans line restoredA summer filled with train disruptions has reached its end as Amtrak will restore full service on its Chicago-to-New Orleans line
Weekslong standoffs in Mediterranean becoming 'new normal'A Doctors Without Borders spokesman aboard a rescue ship carrying 356 migrants says the fact that it has become "the new normal" for such ships to be stuck at sea for weeks waiting for permission to dock is "appalling."
Checks worth millions written by Chicago remain uncashedA lawyer says Chicago has benefited from 22,000 uncashed checks worth $11 million, some going back to the 1980s
- 10:48 PMSeveral injured in 3-vehicle Naperville crash
- 10:47 PMSerial killer who preyed on gay men executed in Florida
- 10:47 PMJapan leader says SKorea canceling intel deal damages trust
- 10:28 PMChina 'will not sit idly' if US sells fighter jets to Taiwan
- 10:11 PMMan charged in Lake in the Hills burglary
- 10:11 PMThe Latest: Serial killer who preyed on gay men executed
- 10:02 PMNaperville man dies from injuries in crash on I-55
More Suburban News
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove driver charged with leaving scene of accident involving ejection
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Township homeowners sue to block warehouse in backyards
- NapervilleNaperville 'very divided' on banning or allowing pot shops
- NewsArlington Heights District 25 students head back to school
- Naperville'Salute' in works to replace Ribfest as Naperville's Fourth of July celebration
- CrimeMan accused of killing father with garden shears to have mental fitness trial
- NapervilleSeveral injured in 3-vehicle Naperville crash
- NapervilleNaperville man dies from injuries in crash on I-55
- WaucondaWauconda man sentenced to 5 years in prison after 2016 burglary
- Fox River GroveFox River Grove marks centennial with carnival, parade this weekend
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Village man dies after being struck by vehicle
- BensenvilleBoy charged in Bensenville shooting must continue to wear monitor
- Lake in the HillsMan charged in Lake in the Hills burglary
- WaucondaRed-light camera returns to Wauconda intersection
- SchaumburgTravisMathew store to open at Woodfield Mall