Supreme Court to weigh rollback of abortion rights
The Supreme Court agreed Monday to consider a major rollback of abortion rights, saying it will decide whether states can ban abortions before a fetus can survive outside the womb.
Israel says Gaza tunnels destroyed in heavy airstrikesThe Israeli military has unleashed a wave of heavy airstrikes on the Gaza Strip
Officer charged in death of Daunte Wright to appear in courtA former suburban Minneapolis police officer charged with second-degree manslaughter in Daunte Wright's death is scheduled to appear in court via videoconference
'śSo I raped you.' Facebook message renews fight for justiceA series of online messages from a long-ago schoolmate has a Gettysburg College graduate trying again to get authorities to make an arrest in her 2013 sexual assault
2 Chicago police officers wounded in shooting, suspect shotTwo Chicago police officers who were shot and wounded after responding to reports of gunfire have been released from the hospital
Indiana ending enhanced pandemic jobless aid next monthIndiana is dropping out of a federal program that provides an extra $300 in weekly payments to unemployed workers and other programs that expanded unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic
1K LA residents still under evacuation orders amid wildfireAbout 1,000 Los Angeles residents are still under evacuation orders as firefighters protect canyon homes from a smoky wildfire that churned through vegetation that hasn't burned in half a century
Indiana casino's next owner expects to retain 700 employeesThe Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians plans to retain all 700-plus employees at a southern Indiana casino if state regulators approve its ownership of the casino later this year
Pritzker: Mask guidelines will change soon -- if you're vaccinatedIllinois will update its mask rules soon to reflect recent CDC guidelines for people fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said, but the state won't provide IDs for proof. Others say they're worried about unmasking.
Tee off with Batavia Chamber's 47th annual golf outing June 25The Batavia Chamber of Commerce will host its 47th annual golf outing on Friday, June 25, at Orchard Valley Golf Course in Aurora. This fun day of golf, raffles, prizes, and games is open to the community.
Portion of Lords Park in Elgin designated as pesticide-freeElgin has designated three acres of turf grass at Lords Park as herbicide- and pesticide-free.
- 5:05 PMSistine Chapel exhibit tours to Oak Brook
- 4:54 PMPolice seek 2 responsible for rash of property damage in Bloomingdale
- 4:46 PM'We're not going back': Naperville mayor reflects on 2020, looks ahead to future development
- 4:45 PMWalk-ins welcome Wednesday at vaccination clinic in Arlington Heights
- 4:43 PMPopeyes could be coming to Gurnee this summer
- 4:34 PMCity where Daunte Wright shot to vote on policing changes
- 4:31 PMProsecutor says trial in Iowa student's death won't be easy
More Suburban News
- CrimePolice: Man touched Arlington Heights girl walking to school
- GurneePopeyes could be coming to Gurnee this summer
- NapervilleNaperville offering reward for information leading to shooting arrest
- CrimeElmhurst police say suspicious man approached child
- NewsArlington Heights Farmers Market opens for the season
- NewsWalk-ins welcome Wednesday at vaccination clinic in Arlington Heights
- Cook CountyCook County officials call for change of tax sale system
- NapervilleNew agriculture facility, digitization on the horizon for Naper Settlement
- EducationElk Grove teacher awarded Golden Apple
- BloomingdaleWoodman's Food Market targets late July opening in Bloomingdale
- NapervilleNo reservations needed at Naperville's Centennial Beach
- AuroraSnoop Dogg concert in Aurora postponed
- Glendale HeightsDouble-lung transplant gives COVID-19 patient from Glendale Hts. a second chance at life
- South BarringtonBudget cuts in South Barrington reflect decreased revenue
- AuroraState takes action against Aurora academy that serves children with disabilities
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
More people got vaccinations and several deserving teachers received awards in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 8-14, 2021.
People showed their concern for the environment and their lost classmates in The Week in Pictures photo gallery for May 1-7, 2021.