Kavanaugh allegations agitate White House, Capitol. Supreme Court is quiet.
When nine people are bound together by life tenure and equally weighted votes, there are reasons to live and let live.
Cokie Roberts, longtime political journalist, dies at 75Cokie Roberts, the daughter of politicians who grew up to cover the family business in Washington for ABC News and NPR over several decades, died Tuesday in Washington of complications from breast cancer
Gasoline pump prices in U.S. set to jump after Saudi attackAn increase of 15-30 cents per gallon in average U.S. pump prices is likely during the repairs in Saudi Arabia, an analyst said.
Bomb explodes near Afghan election rally, killing 24, but president unhurtAt least 24 people were killed when a bomb exploded outside a campaign rally in Afghanistan's Parwan province, but President Ashraf Ghani was unhurt, said officials.
Lightfoot wants to ban use of marijuana in public places, ban sales in the LoopChicago would prohibit the use of recreational marijuana in public places by all adults and declare the sale of legal weed off limits in the Central Business District under new zoning rules drafted by Mayor Lori Lightfoot's administration, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Chinese envoy going to US to prepare for trade talksChinese Cabinet official going to Washington to prepare for trade negotiations
AP Analysis: Saudi oil attack part of dangerous new patternAP Analysis: Precision strike on Saudi Arabia's oil infrastructure follows dangerous pattern of murky attacks in Persian Gulf
Here's what Congress is considering doing on gunsDemocrats want universal background checks; Republicans don't. Can they meet in the middle?
Police find AK-47 in bedroom of teen who allegedly wanted to 'shoot 400 people for fun'Police found an AK-47 with six magazines and a 12-gauge shotgun with a stock sleeve filled with extra shells in Alexis Wilson's bedroom.
Japanese officials cautious on prospects for US trade dealJapanese officials cautious on prospects for US trade deal promised by Trump
AP Explains: Israel's parliamentary electionsAP Explains: In Israel's national elections, Netanyahu chasing historic 5th term under cloud of corruption allegations
Back to basics: Congress tries to keep government lights onGovernment shutdown isn't likely in the months ahead, but neither are other legislative accomplishments
- 3:51 AMProsecutors urge Russian protester be freed as support rises
- 3:49 AMThe Latest: Hearing with Trump loyalist ends after 6 hours
- 3:48 AMThe Latest: Iran's leader, without visa, might miss UN meet
- 3:30 AMIsrael's 2 main political parties deadlocked after election
- 2:48 AMSaudi Arabia joins US-led maritime coalition after attack
- 2:32 AMSaving pets: Program lends hand to low-income animal owners
- 1:57 AMNepal's sexual minorities say progress in rights has stalled
More Suburban News
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove establishes new tax on recreational marijuana sales
- AuroraAurora begins process to consider recreational marijuana sales
- NewsRare Arlington Heights Lustron home meets wrecking ball
- GurneeGurnee crash victim identified
- KildeerTacos Guanajuato opens in Kildeer
- SchaumburgRow houses added to plans for Schaumburg's massive north-side project
- WaukeganPedestrian killed in N. Chicago was Waukegan man, coroner says
- St. CharlesWahlburgers targets March opening in St. Charles
- Island LakeDriver hurt in Island Lake collision
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Dundee-Crown tops rival for 1st FVC win
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Waubonsie Valley gets on the move to get winning goal
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Conant holds off Schaumburg
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Quinn, Hersey nip Conant in MSL showdown
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Powerful Carmel handles St. Viator
- SportsGirls volleyball: Hersey goes to 8-2 with win over Meadows