Clogged dryer vent leads to Vernon Hills fire

 
By Ronnie Wachter
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 2/12/2018 6:57 PM

No one was hurt, but a home was left uninhabitable when an overstuffed vent at the end of a clothes dryer caused a fire on Monday in Vernon Hills.

The fire began about 2:45 p.m. on the 200 block of Autumn Lane, according to a report from Countryside Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Tony DeRose. When firefighters arrived and saw flames spreading throughout the laundry room, they radioed for help from Libertyville, Lincolnshire and Mundelein.

 

It was too late, though: DeRose's news release labeled the house "uninhabitable" and ended with a caution for homeowners.

"Clean your dryer vents annually," he wrote.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments
Attention: We are experiencing technical difficulties with our Facebook Comments module at this time. Comments will remain disabled until we are able to resolve the problem. We apologize for the interruption. We invite you to engage with our content and talk with other commenters on our Daily Herald Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DailyHeraldFans/. Thank you.