Trump viewed Ukraine as adversary, not ally, witnesses say
Behind closed doors, President Donald Trump has made his views on Ukraine clear: "They tried to take me down."
US diplomat drawn into Trump's Ukraine effort set to testifyThe top US diplomat in Ukraine, William Taylor, who was drawn into a Trump administration effort to leverage US military aid for Ukraine, is set to testify to Congress
German defense minister proposes security zone for SyriaAmid Turkish invasion into northern Syria, Germany proposes establishment of internationally controlled security zone
Blackouts possible again as fire danger looms in CaliforniaLess than two weeks after blacking out much of Northern California, Pacific Gas & Electric is warning it might shut off power to about a half-million people
Danes try to move 120-year-old lighthouse from eroding coastA 120-year-old lighthouse has been put on wheels and rails to attempt to move it some 80 meters (263 feet) away from the North Sea, which has been eroding the coastline of northwestern Denmark
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange loses bid to delay hearingWikiLeaks founder Julian Assange appeared in a U.K. court Monday to fight extradition to the United States on espionage charges, and he lost a bid to delay proceedings so that his legal team would have more time to prepare his case.
'You don't think I get enough promotion?': Trump laments G-7 move from Doral after pushbackPresident Donald Trump is lamenting that he was forced to move next year's Group of Seven summit from his private golf club in Florida after bipartisan criticism that he was trying to profit off the presidency.
Facebook ramps up election security efforts ahead of 2020With just over a year left until the 2020 U.S. presidential election, Facebook is stepping up its efforts to ensure it is not used as a tool to interfere in politics and democracies around the world.
Companies reach tentative deal to settle opioids lawsuitThe nation's three dominant drug distributors and a big drugmaker have reached a tentative deal to settle a lawsuit related to the opioid crisis just as the first federal trial over the crisis was due to begin Monday, according to a lead lawyer for the local governments suing the drug industry.
One of Europe's last wild rivers is in danger of being tamedThe Vjosa is one of Europe's last free-flowing rivers, but for how long?
Trump likens House impeachment inquiry to 'a lynching'President Donald Trump is comparing the House impeachment inquiry into his dealings with Ukraine to 'a lynching'
- 7:29 AMPolish ruling party seeks vote recount after loss of Senate
- 7:27 AMIraq: American troops leaving Syria cannot stay in Iraq
- 7:01 AMWoman walking with child stabbed on trail near Ingleside
- 6:55 AMWorld shares rise after upbeat talk on China-US trade
- 6:54 AMOslo police open fire on man who reportedly drove into crowd
- 6:53 AMJimmy Carter hospitalized after fall at Georgia home
- 6:44 AMSwiss file their 1st charges in Petrobras-Odebrecht scandal
More Suburban News
- Buffalo GroveSample from Wheeling's Restaurant Row at annual Taste of the Town Oct. 24
- NewsNew Stevenson expansion plan moves forward
- HuntleyHuntley considers allowing marijuana dispensaries
- WaukeganPark City shooting death investigated
- Sugar Grove'Spoiled' bullet spared woman's life in 2017 Sugar Grove shooting
- BartlettSouth Elgin man charged with breaking into Bartlett business
- Lake CountyLake County sheriff's dog Dax and his partner appear on 'Today,' dog hero awards show
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Carmel outlasts Libertyville in 3 sets
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Palatine notches impressive win over Stevenson
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Lemke ties for 12th at state
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Zagotti leads Fenton to victory
- Batavia12-year-old Batavia singer-songwriter releases her first EP
- BarringtonBarrington author's book recalls Depression-era childhood in Chicago
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove trustees hear recreational pot outcry past midnight, then vote to allow sales
- NewsArlington Heights to raise water-sewer rates to pay for new water mains