Adult social calendar
Events for adults that are largely social, such as singles events, reunions, game nights, wine tastings and adult open gym nights. Send items to email@example.com two weeks before event date.
Travel film: 1 p.m. Monday, March 30, Prospect Heights Public Library, 12 N. Elm St. "Secrets of the Parthenon." Register at (847) 259-3500, ext. 35 or phpl.info.
New Beginnings meets: 7 p.m. Monday, March 23, St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Election night for new board members. (630) 307-0095 or (847) 965-8072.
Wood carving class: 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, April 2-May 21, South Barrington Park District, 3 Tennis Club Lane. Introductory class to the art of wood carving with relief carving. $45-$50 and a $15 material fee. To register, (847) 381-7515 or sbpd.net.
Financial planning: 7-8 p.m. Thursday, April 2, South Barrington Park District, 3 Tennis Club Lane. Michael Perez from Harris NA will discusses financial issues including retirement and 401K planning, buying a home and financing an education. $10. Call (847) 381-7515.
Baby Boomer Singles Club: 8-11 p.m. Friday, April 3, Kelsey's Road House, 352 Kelsey Road, Lake Barrington. Join Karaoke night. $25. Reservations to (815) 529-8139.
Girl's Night Out-Celebrate Spring: 7-9:30 p.m. Friday, April 3, Pina's Culinary Experience, 632 E. Irving Park Road, Roselle. Prepare a gourmet meal with chef Edward, then enjoy the fruits of your labor. $50 per person, ages 21 and over. (847) 934-6300 or invernessparkdistrict.com.
40+ Gay Adults: Meets 5 p.m. Friday, April 3, Chicago City Limits, 1712 Wise Road, Schaumburg.
Casino trip: April 4-6, departs from the Arlington Heights Park District Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road. Park district patrons 21 and over. Overnight to Potawatomi Casino and Oneida Bingo Casino. (847) 577-3000 or ahpd.org.
Film discussion: 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave. The Film Discussion Series feature will be "Vera Drake." (847) 392-1011 or ahml.info.
40+ Gay Adults: Meets 5 p.m. Friday, April 10, Chicago City Limits, 1712 Wise Road, Schaumburg.
40+ Gay Adults: Meets 5 p.m. Friday, April 17, Chicago City Limits, 1712 Wise Road, Schaumburg.
Baby Boomer Singles Club: 6-9 p.m. Saturday, April 18, Crystal Lake Indoor Golf, 4418 Buhl. $25. Reservations to (815) 529-8139.
40+ Gay Adults: Meets 5 p.m. Friday, April 24, Chicago City Limits, 1712 Wise Road, Schaumburg.
Girls on the Town: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, April 24 and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 25, downtown Palatine. The Downtown Palatine Business Association will host this free event with activities designed to appeal to ladies of all ages. Shops, restaurants, and businesses will have special events, demonstrations, complimentary food and beverages and raffle prizes. Visit downtownpalatine.org for details.
Wood carving class: 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, June 4-July 30, South Barrington Park District, 3 Tennis Club Lane. Introductory class to the art of wood carving with relief carving. $45-$50 and a $15 material fee. To register, (847) 381-7515 or sbpd.net.
• St. Mary High School, Chicago, all class reunion: 11:30 a.m. Sunday, April 19, Hilton Oak Lawn, 9333 S. Cicero Ave. Call (773) 274-7970.
• Lake View High School classes of 1959: Saturday, June 20. Contact Jo Speciale Laufenberg, (847) 692-5907 or Sue Cornelisson Nape, (847) 297-0580.
•Deerfield High School class of 1969: Saturday, July 18, Embassy Suites Hotel, Deerfield. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bowen High School class of 1969: Saturday, July 25, Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, Chicago. Brett Weiss (630) 248-5405.
• Prospect High School Class of 1969: Reunion is planned for August 2009. For details, e-mail email@example.com. Classmates, friends, relatives and acquaintances may also get in touch online through classmates.com and through a special YahooGroup, PHS_Knightsof69 at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PHS69
• Maine East High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Aug. 1, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Maine East High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 10, at Arlington Trackside. (888) 409-TEAM.
• St. Celestine School Class of 1969: Reunion planned for October 2009. Contact Marcia Feret-Valancius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fenton High School Class of 1989: Reunion planned for Oct. 24, at Villa Olivia Country Club. (888) 409-TEAM.
• New Trier High School Class of 1979: Reunion planned for Nov. 27, at Pinstripes. (888) 409-TEAM.
• Deerfield High School Class of 1989: Looking for alumni for its 20-year reunion. Call (888) 409-TEAM.
• Our Lady of the Wayside 1961 reunion tentatively scheduled for Aug. 6, 2011; Seeking 1960, 1961 and 1963 graduates Contact Pat (Dralle) Kendall. E-mail email@example.com or visit classmates.com
Sociable Singles 50+ Group: Meetings held at 6 p.m., second Monday of each month at Russell's Barbecue, 2885 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows. Meet new friends for weekly events including dinners, plays, walks, sports and travel. Call the hotline (847) 289-4420 for information.
WII Game: 1:30 p.m., Mondays, Rolling Meadows Senior Center, 3705 Pheasant Drive (847) 818-3205
New Beginnings: Meets 7:30 p.m. Mondays in the Hughes Center at St. Matthews Church, 1001 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Catholic oriented nondenominational social support organization for the separated, divorced, widowed and single person. Donation $3 per meeting. For a listing of monthly events, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 891-1220.
Bingo: 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Des Plaines Elks Club, 495 Lee St., Des Plaines. Free coffee and soda with $500 coverall and bonanza. Public is invited.
Surviving the Loss of a Spouse: Drop-in group meets from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays; Jewish Child and Family Services, 1156 Shure Drive, Arlington Heights. Topics include coping with grief, making decisions, managing relationships and staying healthy. $7 per session. Rosalie Greenberger, LCSW, (847) 392-8820. www.jcfs.org
Party classes: Offered by the Long Grove Art School, 1207 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove. Art parties for up to 10 adults.; includes painting supplies, finger foods, pop, coffee and dessert. Fee is $40 per person. For reservations, deposit and other details, call (847) 534-2920 or visit longgroveartschool.com
Movin' On: A nondenominational social group whose purpose is to provide a welcoming, social situation exclusively for widowed men and women in the Northwest suburbs. Call Lenore at (847) 458-9697 for event and club information.