Fideliter Club of Elgin feeds kids, supports local nonprofits
Fideliter Club of Elgin, Elgin's oldest philanthropic organization, which was founded in 1882, has immediately responded to an urgent plea from Mike Warren, board president, Food For Greater Elgin.
The club has provided the local nonprofit organization with an additional donation of $4,000, in which half of the recipients are children. As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, the club's leadership is evaluating current needs of its other nonprofit partners.
"Food For Greater Elgin is one of the four designated not-for profits supported by our Fideliter Charities to fulfill our club's mission of feeding children in the greater Elgin area community," said Judy Hanlon, president, Fideliter Club of Elgin.
"Through proceeds obtained by supporters of our annual charity gala and generous sponsors, the Fideliter Club continues to make a substantial impact on feeding children in the greater Fox Valley area."
The annual Fideliter Charities Gala has been the major philanthropic fundraising effort of the club. This year's annual gala is scheduled for Aug. 29 at the Eagle Brook Country Club in Geneva, dependent upon the status of the COVID-19 crisis.
Through generous donations in 2019, the Fideliter Club was able to partner with the Northern Illinois Food Bank, the Boys & Girls Club of Elgin, Food for Greater Elgin, and the Batavia Food Pantry to provide meals, milk and food backpacks to hungry children.
Supportive projects to help feed children include funding for:
• Project Produce, which provides nutritious snacks to 150 Elgin Boys and Girls Club members each day during the school year and the summer session;
• Summer Breakfast Program for Boys and Girls members during the summer session;
• Milk2MyPlate program for Food for Greater Elgin, which provides 13,104 gallons of milk to families annually;
• Milk2MyPlate program for The Batavia Food Pantry, which provides 3,016 gallons of milk to families annually;
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Backpack Program for the St. Charles school district, which provides food for children over the weekend;
• Birthday Party in a Bag provided for Food for Greater Elgin children and Boys and Girls Club members, reaching 2,000 children.
The Fideliter Club 2020 officers are: Judy Hanlon, president; Kim Hively, Carri Laird, Kay Loeloff, Kim Hopkins, Colleen Colligan, Jan McGrath, Keli Nitschke, Betty Brown, Brenda Morrissy, Linda O' Connor, Debbie Hudgens, Faith Thomas and Bonnie Henn-Pritchard.
For information or to donate, visit fideliterclub.com, The Fideliter Club on Facebook, or contact Kay Loeloff at (847) 217-1137.