Weekend picks: Rock your Christmas early with Brian Setzer
Hurry into the holidays
Give yourself over to early celebrations of the holiday season with the Brian Setzer Orchestra's 14th Annual "Christmas Rocks! Tour," playing locally at two locations: first on Saturday at the Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan, $37.50-$110, (847) 263-6300 or geneseetheatre.com; then on Monday, Nov. 13, at Rialto Square Theatre, Joliet, $43.50-$88.50, (815) 726-6600 or rialtosquare.com. 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, in Waukegan; 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13, in Joliet
More than 100 pet-related companies and organizations are featured in the return of the Chicago Pet Show this weekend at the Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road, St. Charles. $7. (630) 385-4000 or chicagopetshow.com. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 11 and 12
More than 100 tables with comic books and comic-related items are part of Mighty Con's DuPage Comic Con Show in Building 1 at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton. Every guest will receive a free comic book. $8; free for kids younger than 12. mightyconshows.com or facebook.com/mightycon/. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11
Watch sheepherding, butter-making demonstrations and more during Heritage Day at Peck Farm Park, 4038 Kaneville Road, Geneva. Learn about the Peck family and the park's history. Free. genevaparks.org. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11
Homeless veterans are beneficiaries for the new "Brew it Forward Veterans Day Beer Tasting" on Saturday. Local breweries including Lagunitas, Bells, Lake Brothers and more set up at Tank Park at the First Division Museum, 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton. $2-$10 each three-ounce beer tasting. (630) 668-5161 or cantigny.org. 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11
Come on down!
Game show junkies won't want to miss the chance to potentially compete onstage for the touring show "The Price is Right Live!" on Saturday at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road, Rosemont. $26.50-$46.50. (800) 745-3000 or rosemonttheatre.com. 3 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11
World-class in Wheaton
Violinist Arabella Steinbacher is the soloist for Berg's Violin Concerto in Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts conducted by Manfred Honeck this weekend at Symphony Center, 220 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, $40-$221. (312) 294-3000 or cso.org. 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11
Families who love educational PBS animated TV shows won't want to miss the tour of "Wild Kratts Live!" at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road, Rosemont. $32.75-$100. (800) 745-3000 or rosemonttheatre.com. 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12
Mozart & Salieri
Lucian Msamati ("Game of Thrones") starred as the jealous composer Salieri in the National Theatre of Great Britain's recent revival of Peter Shaffer's Mozart-inspired drama "Amadeus." The production was filmed as part of the NT Live series and is screened today and Thursday at College of DuPage's McAninch Arts Center, 425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn. $24. (630) 942-4000 or atthemac.org. 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, and 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16
Musician Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul and Mary fame) explores the roots of American folk music in "Lonesome Traveler: The Concert." The tour plays the Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $20-$59. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com. 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12
Courtesy of Todd Rosenberg Photography/Lyric Opera of Chicago/Joffrey BalletJoffrey Ballet dancers Victoria Jaiani and Temur Suluashvili, seen here in the Lyric Opera's recent production of "Orphee et Eurydice," are featured performers in "A Golden Celebration of Dance" to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the re-opening of the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago.
"A Golden Celebration of Dance" commemorates the 50th Anniversary Re-Opening of Chicago's Auditorium Theatre. Local and visiting companies performing include Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, American Ballet Theatre, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, The Joffrey Ballet, MOMIX and many more on Sunday at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, 50 E. Congress Parkway, Chicago. $41-$135. (312) 341-2300 or auditoriumtheatre.org. 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12
• Fredo Disco, Broken Holmes, Samantha Fuller with Cameron Box, Adolescent Apathy, The Magnifiers, Leave It To Chance: 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Evolution Music, 923 Curtiss St., Downers Grove. $10. (630) 541-5022
• The 27 Club (tribute to Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin): 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, BaseCamp Pub, 5750 Lakeside Drive, Lisle. $10-$15. (331) 777-4712 or basecamppub.com.
• The Brian Setzer Orchestra's Christmas Rocks Tour: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Genesee Theatre, 203 N. Genesee St., Waukegan. $37.50-$110. Tickets in person at box office, or by calling (800) 982-2787 or at ticketmaster.com.
• "Where The Action Is" tour with Paul Revere's Raiders, Mitch Ryder and Peter Rivera of Rare Earth: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. Rock. Tickets start at $39. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• Dave Rudolf: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Acorn Coffeehouse in Burning Bush Art Gallery, 216 N. Main St., Wheaton. Pop, rock and more. $10. acorncoffeehouse.com.
• Turnpike Troubadors, Charley Crockett: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $28. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com.
• Aaron Kamm and the One Drops, Concrete Roots: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Cubby Bear, 1059 W. Addison St., Chicago. $7-$10. (773) 327-1662 or cubbybear.com.
• Pine Street Band: 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, Peggy Kinnane's, 8 N. Vail, Arlington Heights. Rock. (847) 577-7733 or peggykinnanes.com.
• Big Sugar Country with One Hott Mess: 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, H.O.M.E. Bar, 1227 N. Rand Road, Arlington Heights. Country. For ticket information, call (847) 577-4663, or visit homebarchicago.com.
• Downers Groove: 9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, at Mullen's, 3080 Warrenville Road, Lisle. Free. (630) 505-0240 or mullensbarandgrill.com.
• Classical guitarist Brian Torosian: 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, in the Luecht Conference Center at McHenry County College, 8900 U.S. Hwy. 14, Crystal Lake. Torosian will perform works by Mertz, baroque lute composer Silvius Leopold Weiss, Brazilian music by Paulo Bellinati, Spanish classics by Isaac Albéniz, and harp guitarist/composer Stephen Bennett. Free. (815) 479-7814.
• "Lonesome Traveler, The Concert -- The Roots of American Folk," featuring Peter Yarrow: 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. Folk. Tickets start at $39. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
• Talk to you Never, The Homecoming, Everyone Says, Bad Planning, California Killers: 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, Bottom Lounge, 1375 W. Lake St., Chicago. $10. (312) 666-6775 or bottomlounge.com.
• Austin John Winkler, Shallow Side, Remada: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, Penny Road Pub, 545 Penny Road, Barrington. $23. (847) 428-0562 or pennyroadpub.com.
• Bleachers, Bishop Briggs, Amy Shark: 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $31-$41. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com.
• Blitzen Trapper, Lilly Hiatt: 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 12, Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $20-$25. (773) 525-2501 or lh-st.com.
• Columbia College Takeover, featuring Caving, Stratford, Summerbruise, Burly Gates and Friday Pilots Club: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15, East Room, 2354 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. (773) 698-8774 or eastroomchicago.com.
• CBS Radio's Stars & Strings with Brad Paisley, Chris Young, Darius Rucker and others: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15, The Chicago Theatre, 175 N. State St., Chicago. Tickets start at $129. livenation.com.
• Hoodie Allen, Luke Christopher: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Ave., Chicago. $30. (773) 472-0449 or victheatre.com.
• Dashboard Confessional: 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, H.O.M.E. Bar, 1227 E. Rand Road, Arlington Heights. Free. (847) 749-0253 or homebarchicago.com.
• Aqueous, The North 41: 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, Lincoln Hall, 2424 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. $15-$17. (773) 525-2501 or lh-st.com.
Information is provided by entertainment venues. Check with venue before purchasing tickets. For more concert listings, visit dailyherald.com/calendar.