Rosanne Cash, Savion Glover, Olivia Newton-John part of McAninch season
College of DuPage's McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn has announced its 2017-18 season will include appearances by Rosanne Cash, Savion Glover and Olivia Newton-John.
Some of the highlights include:
• A tour of "Tuesdays with Morrie" starring Jamie Farr of "M*A*S*H" fame visits on Saturday, Sept. 30.
• Olivia Newton-John in "LIV ON," a new project with singer-songwriters Beth Nielsen Chapman and Amy Sky, on Saturday, Oct. 14.
• William Bell, Charlie Musselwhite and Bobby Rush headline the "Take Me to the River LIVE: a Memphis Soul and Rhythm & Blues Revue" on Sunday, Nov. 5.
• Author and PBS chef Lidia Bastianich appears on Thursday, Nov. 9.
• Tony Award-winning choreographer and famed tap dancer Savion Glover stars on Sunday, Nov. 26.
• Composer and trumpeter Chris Botti performs on Saturday, Jan. 20.
• Cuban jazz artist Jesús Alemañy appears with his all-star orchestra for "¡Cubanismo!" on Sunday, Feb. 18.
• Country singer-songwriter Rosanne Cash performs on Saturday, April 14.
The resident New Philharmonic at the McAninch has previously announced its season under maestro Kirk Muspratt. It features Mahler's Fifth Symphony (Sept. 23 and 24), a pops concert called "The Best of Broadway: Rodgers & Hammerstein and Andrew Lloyd Webber" (Oct. 21 and 22), the annual New Year's Eve Concert (Dec. 31), Verdi's tragic opera "La Traviata" (Jan. 27 and 28) and Beethoven's Five Piano Concertos (April 7 and 8). The New Philharmonic also accompanies the von Heidecke Chicago Festival Ballet performances of Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker."
Single tickets go on sale on Saturday, Aug. 5, while season subscriptions are available now. For a full schedule or to subscribe, call (630) 942-4000 or visit atthemac.org.