'Hook & Jill' author coming to Naperville
• Meet author Andrea Jones as she reads from and signs copies of her novel "Hook & Jill," a grown-up vision of "Peter Pan," at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12, at Borders, 336 South Route 59, Naperville. Call (630) 637-9700.
• Author Sean Covey presents the new picture books in his "7 Habits of Happy Kids" series at "A Community Conversation with Sean Covey" at Naperville Central High School, 440 W. Aurora Ave., Naperville. Covey will read from and sign copies of "Just the Way I Am" and "When I Grow Up" at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 14. Tickets are $5 each and may be purchased at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., or at any Naperville Harris Bank location. Proceeds will benefit the KidsMatter organization. (630) 355-2665.
• Arthur Yorinks and Richard Egielski, author and illustrator of the new book "Homework," read from and sign the book at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 14, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665.
• Meet author E. Lockhart when she signs copies of her latest novel for teen readers, "The Treasure Map of Boys," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665.
• Author Dave Keane and illustrator Denise Brunkus read from and sign copies of their latest children's book, "Sloppy Joe," at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665.
• Meet author Janice Metzger as she discusses and signs copies of her book "What Would Jane Say?" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept., 17, at Centuries and Sleuths bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243.