- The City of Good Neighbors
- Tiny Memorial Park at Fremont and Chestnut streets was donated in 1883 to serve as a memorial to area farmers who served in the Civil War.
- 60004, 60005
- 42.094976, -87.980873
- Plaster casts of students wait for assembly at Windsor School. Bill Zars | Staff
- Christian Liberty Academy teacher David Gauger uses a model airplaneto help students understand the relation of aviation to physics. Bill Zars | staff
- The Frontier Days Festival at Recreation Park. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Bob Sylvester picks green peppers under the midday sun at the Frontier Park garden plots in Arlington Heights. Mark Black | Staff
- A photograph of Joseph Kennicott who died in 1884 and was buried in Arlington Heights-Wheeling Township Cemetery, is part of Silent Stories from Arlington Heights' Past, an exhibit on local cemeteries will be at the Arlington Heights Historical Society. George LeClaire | Staff
- A photo of Louis and Charles Bollenbach who worked in John Fleming's blacksmith shop is part of the summer exhibit at the Arlington Heights Historical Society Gallery that features the local cemeteries. Bill Zars | Staff
- Higo Shino of Osaka, Japan toasts Basho Senbei, a rice cracker, during a fair of foods from Osaka at Mitsuwa Market in Arlington Heights. Bill Zars | Staff
- Second annual Santa Sleigh 5K run in downtown Arlington Heights on Saturday, December 5th. George LeClaire | Staff
- Concrete columns are raised into position at the construction site for the new OSHA building at the 2100 block of S. Arlington Heights Rd. Bill Zars | Staff
- Cyclist compete in the Masters Men 30 (+) race at the Arlington Heights Criterium International Cycling Classic on Tuesday June 14th. The 35 mile race with a purse of $700 dollars on a 0.7 mile was one of several races held all day in downtown Arlington Heights with a start and finish on Vail Avenue. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Teleprompter ridden by jockey Tony Ives wins the 1985 Budweiser - Arlington Million at Arlington Park in Arlington Heights on August 25, 1985. The race known as the "Miracle Million" was continued even though the the buildings and the stands had burned down earlier in the year. Bob Chwedyk | Staff
- Henry Klehm, mayor of Arlington Hts 1905 - 1907. Courtesy of the Arlington Heights Historical Society
- Contruction workers get in a little healthy exercise as they return from lunch by climbing the stairs at the Northwest Community Hospital construction site. Bill Zars | Staff
- Bonny Brown plays the trumpet as the horses arrive on the track during the Arlington Million at Arlington Park Saturday. Joe Lewnard | Staff
- Eventual winner The Tin Man, 2, right, and the rest of the field enter the clubhouse turn during the Arlington Million at Arlington Park Saturday. Daily Herald Staff Photo
- Village of Arlington Heights public works employees install the Christmas tree in North School Park with Steve Gehrig at the crane. The thirty foot blue spruce came from a home at 108 N. Rueter. Bill Zars | Staff
- Sculptor Fran Volz directs the crane operator to stop as the statue's bolts line up over the holes in the base. Bill Zars | Staff
- When the mounting bolts finally arrived the statue of Arlington Heights founder Williamm Dunton could be attached to the crane and moved off Northwest Highway. Bill Zars | Staff
- Shanna Palmer of Vernon Hills who is a Spanish teacher at Language Stars in Arlington Heights does some schoolwork while enjoying lunch in the shade at North School Park several blocks from her school. Bill Zars | Staff
Points of Interest
- Toggle map points:
- Community Colleges
- Buffalo Grove High School
- 1100 W. Dundee Rd.
Buffalo Grove, Il 60089
- Navy Blue/Burnt Orange/White
- Christian Liberty Academy
- 502 West Euclid Avenue
Arlington Heights, Il 60004
- Elk Grove High School
- 500 W. Elk Grove Blvd.
Elk Grove Village, Il 60007
- Forest Green/New Gold
- John Hersey High School
- 1900 E. Thomas St.
Arlington Heights, Il 60004-4392
- Prospect High School
- 801 W. Kensington Rd.
Mount Prospect, Il 60056
- Navy Blue/Columbia Blue
- Rolling Meadows High School
- 2901 Central Rd.
Rolling Meadows, Il 60008
- St. Viator High School
- 1213 E. Oakton St.
Arlington Heights, Il 60004
- Navy Blue/White
- Wheeling High School
- 900 S. Elmhurst Rd.
Wheeling, Il 60090
- Royal Blue/Athletic Gold/White
- Arlington Heights District 25 (Elementary)
- Elk Grove Township District 59 (Elementary)
- Northwest Suburban Dist. 214 (High school)
- Palatine Township District 15 (Elementary)
- Prospect Heights District 23 (Elementary)
- Wheeling Township District 21 (Elementary)
- Arlington Heights Park District
- Buffalo Grove Park District
- Mount Prospect Park District
- Palatine Park District
- Prospect Heights Park District
- River Trails Park District
- Salt Creek Rural Park District
Daily Herald Communities
- Cook County
- Alan Gratzer
- Founding member of the band REO Speedwagon.
- REO Speedwagon website
- Ed Paschke
- Renowned painter, one of the 1960s Chicago artists called imagists.
- Sweet Home Cook County website
- Jennifer Morrison
- Actress, best known for six years co-starring on "House."
- Mike Myers
- Major league baseball player, 1995-2007
- Ray Kroc
- Founder of the McDonald's fast food franchise.
- Ray Meyer
- Longtime DePaul University basketball coach.
- ESPN Web site, on Meyer's death
- Walter Payton
- Running back for the Chicago Bears lived in Arlington Heights during his early years with the team.
- The Walter & Connie Payton Foundation