What you need to know about COVID-19 restrictions easing Friday in the 'Bridge Phase'
As Illinois moves to the "Bridge Phase" of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, business capacity and crowd sizes become the least restrictive they've been in more than a year. Here's how that works.
Two Barrington restaurants want to start serving liquorAfter surviving a really rough year for the restaurant industry, two eateries in Barrington are looking forward with plans to obtain liquor licenses.
Roselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballparkThe collaboration between Pollyana Brewing Company of Roselle and the Schaumburg Boomers that began in 2018 is expanding this year with a German-style Kölsch developed just for the ballpark.
Could railroad merger lead to more freight trains in the suburbs?The sequel to CN's takeover of the smaller EJ&E Railroad is here. The Canadian powerhouse wants to buy the Kansas City Southern and suburbs warn it could mean more freight trains.
Amazon seeks to hire 75,000; offers $100 to vaccinated hiresAmazon is seeking to hire 75,000 people in a tight job market and is offering bonuses to attract workers, including $100 for new hires who are already vaccinated for COVID-19
The Board of Directors of Lisle-based CTS Corporation approved a new share repurchase program that authorizes the company to repurchase up to $50 million of its common stock, replacing the program authorized in February 2019.CTS Corporation board authorizes new share repurchase program
Schaumburg-based ISACA is recognizing outstanding IT audit, risk, governance, privacy and cybersecurity professionals with its 2021 Global Achievement Awards, as well as through its new Hall of Fame.ISACA to recognize outstanding technology professionals
Chicago's Providence Real Estate has created a new scholarship to help minority students finance their undergraduate or graduate studies related to real estate.New scholarship helps minorities in real estate
Argonne researchers reveal how COVID-19 has transformed communitiesThe U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory in Lemont has released interactive maps and data that show the socioeconomic effects of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
IDEX Corporation increases regular quarterly dividend 8%Northbrook-based IDEX Corporation's Board of Directors has approved an 8% increase in the company's regular quarterly cash dividend to $0.54 per common share.
Warrenville's Fuel Tech reports Q1 resultsWarrenville-based Fuel Tech, Inc., a technology company providing advanced engineering solutions for the optimization of combustion systems, emissions control, and water treatment in utility and industrial applications, reported financial results for the first quarter.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- BarringtonTwo Barrington restaurants want to start serving liquor
- RoselleRoselle brewery introduces Boomers beer at Schaumburg ballpark
- RoselleRelative Brewing Company set to open in August in Roselle
- LisleThe Board of Directors of Lisle-based CTS Corporation approved a new share repurchase program that authorizes the company to repurchase up to $50 million of its common stock, replacing the program authorized in February 2019.
- SchaumburgSchaumburg-based ISACA is recognizing outstanding IT audit, risk, governance, privacy and cybersecurity professionals with its 2021 Global Achievement Awards, as well as through its new Hall of Fame.
- BusinessArgonne researchers reveal how COVID-19 has transformed communities
- BusinessIDEX Corporation increases regular quarterly dividend 8%
- WarrenvilleWarrenville's Fuel Tech reports Q1 results
- AuroraComedy Shrine expands in Fox Valley Mall in Aurora
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers, Dec. 10-31, 2020
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Dec. 21-31, 2020
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers, Nov. 12 to Dec. 31, 2020
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers, Dec. 21-31, 2020
- DuPage CountyDuPage County to seek proposals for new election equipment
- NewsGlenview Chamber presents its first hiring fair
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more