Controversial townhouse plan moves forward in Wheeling
A controversial proposal to build townhouses at the Prairie Park condominium complex in Wheeling narrowly cleared a key bureaucratic hurdle.
'The hospital is broken': Sherman surgery vice chair calls anesthesia shortage a crisisDr. Tom Stanley, vice chair of surgery at Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin, spoke during the public comment portion of the Elgin City Council meeting Wednesday and said the hospital's shortage of anesthesia providers could continue for some time.
RH Oak Brook opening with luxury shopping and diningThe upscale RH Oak Brook officially opens on Friday. Located at Oakbrook Center at 1300 22nd St., the RH (formerly known as Restoration Hardware) is a custom-built three-story building filled with galleries of indoor and outdoor luxury home furnishings, capped by a year-round rooftop restaurant and bar that suggests guests to RSVP online about 30 days in advance.
Illinois to invest more than $40 million in workforce trainingGov. J.B. Pritzker announced Thursday that the state will award more than $40 million in workforce training grants, focusing on communities hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and youth who are particularly at risk of violence.
Constable: What Palatine High School graduates did with smelly gym bags is their businessA class project when they were seniors at Palatine High School has turned into a business for entrepeneurs Anthony Tamras and Drake Roberts. And it was inspired by the gym funk from their football and lacrosse days.
Gurnee's $250,000 business grant program to kick off next monthSmall businesses in Gurnee will be able to apply for grants of up to $10,000 next month as part of a new village program to help those that suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hyundai, Tesla joining the Libertyville Mile of CarsTwo new dealerships opening soon will expand the brand offerings on the Libertyville Mile of Cars, a well-known destination for vehicle shoppers along busy Milwaukee Avenue.
Abbott plans to reopen Gurnee facility to produce COVID-19 rapid testsAbbott plans to reboot its BinaxNow COVID-19 test production facility in Gurnee.
Feder: Zoraida Sambolin to sign off as NBC 5 morning news anchorDays after Zoraida Sambolin returned as morning news anchor to WMAQ-Channel 5 after a four-month leave of absence, she's calling it quits.
'It's going to be bigger and better': Beef Shack gets OK to open in St. CharlesBeef Shack has received the green light to open near its former location on West Main Street in St. Charles.
St. Charles breaks ground on First Street Plaza expansion projectThe long-awaited expansion of the First Street Plaza in downtown St. Charles is moving ahead.
EPA rule sharply limits HFCs, gases used as refrigerantsIn what officials call a key step to combat climate change, the Environmental Protection Agency is sharply limiting domestic production and use of hydrofluorocarbons, highly potent greenhouse gases commonly used in refrigerators and air conditioners.
Dominican University -- a history of diversityDominican University has a strong history of advancing diversity on and off campus, since our inception as a women's college in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, educating the daughters of immigrant Irish lead miners.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- WheelingControversial townhouse plan moves forward in Wheeling
- Elgin'The hospital is broken': Sherman surgery vice chair calls anesthesia shortage a crisis
- Oak BrookRH Oak Brook opening with luxury shopping and dining
- PalatineConstable: What Palatine High School graduates did with smelly gym bags is their business
- GurneeGurnee's $250,000 business grant program to kick off next month
- LibertyvilleHyundai, Tesla joining the Libertyville Mile of Cars
- GurneeAbbott plans to reopen Gurnee facility to produce COVID-19 rapid tests
- East Dundee'It's going to be bigger and better': Beef Shack gets OK to open in St. Charles
- St. CharlesSt. Charles breaks ground on First Street Plaza expansion project
- BataviaAfter Hours
- DuPage CountyDuPage County transfers for June 2 to Aug. 12, 2021
- Kane CountyKane County transfers for July 20 to Aug. 12
- Lake CountyLake County transfers for Aug. 6 to 11, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County transfers for July 20 to Aug. 12, 2021
- Downers GroveDowners Grove residents seek historic designation to former school
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more