It started with George Halas in 1975: Chicago Bears again make an overture for Arlington Park
The Chicago Bears confirmed Thursday the organization has submitted a bid to purchase the 326-acre Arlington Park property. It comes 46 years after Bears founder George S. Halas made his first pitch to relocate his team from Soldier Field to Arlington Park. "We welcome the Chicago Bears' interest in the Arlington Park site," Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes said Thursday.
St. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurantSt. Charles microbreweries Riverlands Brewing Company, and D and G Brewing are seeking to expand their dining and entertainment options, but the city's aldermen this week expressed concern about giving the sites -- including one in a residential area -- privileges similar to what bars and restaurants enjoy.
Jim O'Donnell: One man has the power to make the Bears at Arlington Park happenIf the Bears are to get Arlington Park, Gov. J.B. Pritzker needs to step up.
Historic barn inspires a new restaurant in BartlettRestaurateur Rakesh Chopra is restoring a 120-year-old historic barn in Bartlett into a bar and tapas lounge with a "quaint" feel.
Wauconda offering incentive for business facade improvementsA facade improvement program providing matching grants for eligible work has been launched in Wauconda.
Two-day session in Springfield ends with no energy billIllinois lawmakers finished a two-day special session Thursday by passing some important legislation but without reaching agreement on the one issue they had hoped to resolve -- an energy bill that would phase out all carbon emissions from power plants over the next 30 years.
Itasca's job growth driven by technology and manufacturingAt least four companies are moving to Itasca this year, all with an emphasis on technology and manufacturing. They are MEI Systems, Abbott Molecular, NTT and Slipmate.
US Foods announces new summer product lineUS Foods Holding Corp. announced the launch of Summer Scoop, featuring 18 profit-driving products designed to reduce preparation time for restaurants.
Feder: John Kass takes buyout, leaving Chicago TribuneJohn Kass, the Chicago Tribune's most prominent columnist and one of its leading conservative voices, called it quits Friday after 38 years at the newspaper.
Feder: ESPN 1000 set to launch FM simulcast on new HD2 channelWMVP 1000-AM, the ESPN sports/talk station and radio home of Chicago White Sox baseball, is set to launch its first FM digital transmission with a full-time simulcast on an HD2 channel. Good Karma Brands, which operates ESPN 1000, has signed a local marketing agreement with Hubbard Radio to broadcast 24/7 on 100.3 HD2, a previously dormant HD2 channel associated with adult contemporary WSHE 100.3-FM.
Vernon Hills office building purchased by investorsAn affiliate of Chicago-based Next Realty LLC has acquired a single-story, 47,000 square-foot office building at 935 Lakeview Parkway in Vernon Hills.
Business Ledger | When hiring employees in other states, make legal compliance a priorityMany employers assume their employment policies apply the same to a remote employee as for other staff. This is not necessarily the case, however, as the law of the state where the employee performs his or her work, not the law where the employer is based, may govern the employment relationship.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Special ReportIt started with George Halas in 1975: Chicago Bears again make an overture for Arlington Park
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurant
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: One man has the power to make the Bears at Arlington Park happen
- BartlettHistoric barn inspires a new restaurant in Bartlett
- BloomingdaleBloomingdale's T.J. Maxx/HomeGoods will relocate to Stratford Crossing
- WaucondaWauconda offering incentive for business facade improvements
- ItascaItasca's job growth driven by technology and manufacturing
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove hopes to pair jobseekers with companies in need
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: Bears could be feeling earth move all the way to host and play in Super Bowl 67
- AuroraSuncast Corp., a manufacturer of high-quality resin products, said it has installed new solar array panels to help power its Batavia operations.
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for Jan. 1 through Feb. 4, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Jan. 21-27, 2021
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for Dec. 16, 2020, through Feb. 4, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for Jan. 21 through Feb. 4, 2021
- Villa ParkHigh-end mixed-use apartment building to rise near Villa Park Metra station
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more