'Schnitzel happens!': Fritzl's owners announce closing after 36 years in Lake Zurich
Fritzl's European Restaurant & Pub, a German cuisine mainstay for 36 years on Route 12 in Lake Zurich, has closed. "As we have said many times over the years, "SCHNITZEL HAPPENS!" the eatery's owners said in their announcement of the closing.
Hoping for more participants, Libertyville modifies business grant programLibertyville has modified the guidelines and extended the deadline for its High Five business grant program in hopes it will encourage more applications.
Regional leaders defer to Arlington Heights on Bears stadium plansThough the impact will be regional, planning decisions, zoning approvals and other permissions needed for the potential multibillion-dollar Chicago Bears stadium and entertainment complex at Arlington Park rest with the elected leaders and village staff in Arlington Heights.
Fire damages Mundelein manufacturing facilityA fire at Sunday night at a Mundelein manufacturing plant caused about $100,000 in damage and remains under investigation.
Batavia could get apartments near Walmart storeBatavia aldermen like a proposal to build apartments near a Walmart store on the west side of town.
'A welcoming environment': After pandemic delay, new Wheeling restaurant opens to customersA much-anticipated addition to the Wheeling Town Center complex has opened its doors.
Daily Herald reporter honored as one of Illinois' top parks journalistsDaily Herald reporter Trey Arline has been honored as one of the state's top parks journalists by the Illinois Association of Park Districts.
New center in Round Lake Park quarduples fragrance maker's manufacturing footprintA Mundelein-based fragrance company has expanded its manufacturing capability in a new facility in Round Lake Park. It's the first in a series of planned expansions for Belle Aire Creations.
Feder: WTTW documentary recalls how Chicago gave birth to improvFrom the Compass Players at the University of Chicago to The Second City, Chicago has been synonymous with improvisational comedy for decades. But few know the real story of how the world-famous art form began.
Liz Weston: Fortify your finances against natural disasterHaving cash on hand, access to credit and the right insurance coverage can help you get through perilous times.
Millennial Money: Save for holidays now, skip regret laterIt's not too late to come up with a last-minute plan to save money for the holidays.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Lake Zurich'Schnitzel happens!': Fritzl's owners announce closing after 36 years in Lake Zurich
- LibertyvilleHoping for more participants, Libertyville modifies business grant program
- PalatineRegional leaders defer to Arlington Heights on Bears stadium plans
- MundeleinFire damages Mundelein manufacturing facility
- BataviaBatavia could get apartments near Walmart store
- Wheeling'A welcoming environment': After pandemic delay, new Wheeling restaurant opens to customers
- BusinessDaily Herald reporter honored as one of Illinois' top parks journalists
- Round Lake BeachNew center in Round Lake Park quarduples fragrance maker's manufacturing footprint
- Des PlainesDes Plaines council pledges to work on environmental sustainability
- Hanover ParkSchaumburg, Hanover Park pursuing new tax on gambling machines
- BarringtonCanine Country Club opens in Barrington
- St. CharlesZen Leaf waiting for state approval to move to former Jared Jewelry store in St. Charles
- AuroraFour area Wausau Homes builders merge
- GenevaAs the temps drop, suburban restaurants adapt outdoor dining options
- Downers GroveDowners Grove approves Ogden Avenue hotel and restaurant
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more