Portillo's execs call IPO a success
Portillo's executives labeled the company's IPO Thursday a success, saying it is a "first step for us in a long-term journey."
Advocate fires 400+ workers who refused vaccinesAdvocate Aurora Health, the largest hospital system in Illinois and Wisconsin, has fired more than 400 employees who refused to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
Pritzker touts job training program for electric vehicle industryAs part of his plan to boost the number of electric vehicles on the road, Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Thursday announced a training program for the manufacture and repair of those cars to "attract people to some of the best-paying jobs in our economy."
Amita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimbleSix years after merger between AdventHealth and Alexian Brothers, Amita Health is splitting up. The change allows the hospital organizations to be more nimble, officials say.
Former Culver's in Crystal Lake could become marijuana dispensaryCrystal Lake is one step closer to getting a marijuana dispensary after the city council unanimously approved a proposal Tuesday evening for one in the former Culver's.
Arlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential blockAn Arlington Heights advisory panel Wednesday night narrowly endorsed a shelter care home's proposed relocation to a neighborhood of residents who largely oppose the move.
Chicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive directorWheeling's Chicago Executive Airport is flying in a Texan to be its new leader.
Plans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forwardA cocktail bar continues to move forward with plans to open in the space that formerly housed 100 Grapes wine tasting room in downtown St. Charles.
The last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streakSister Leticia Lapid is retiring from her ministry as a spiritual care chaplain at Amita St. Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The hospital was founded by Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart in 1902. If another nun isn't hired to replace her, it will be the first time in the hospital's history a nun working there.
FDA OKs mixing COVID vaccines, backs Moderna, J&J boosters -- but who can get them still TBDU.S. regulators on Wednesday signed off on extending COVID-19 boosters to Americans who got the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine and said anyone eligible for an extra dose can get a brand different from the one they received initially. But before more people roll up their sleeves, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will consult an expert panel later this week before finalizing official recommendations for who should get boosters and when.
Signode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022After more than 60 years in Glenview, Signode is moving its packaging operations to Roselle by next year.
Business Ledger | After Hours: BCENOn Oct. 20, the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) held a team-building/philanthropy day at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, where they hand-packed meals for hungry children in remote areas of the world. BCEN staff based in Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana and Michigan flew in to BCEN's Oak Brook headquarters to participate in the very special day.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Oak BrookPortillo's execs call IPO a success
- ElginAmita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimble
- BusinessFormer AT&T building in downtown Arlington Heights to get new life
- NewsFormer Culver's in Crystal Lake could become marijuana dispensary
- NewsArlington Heights panel narrowly recommends shelter care home's move to residential block
- Prospect HeightsChicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive director
- St. CharlesPlans for new cocktail bar in downtown St. Charles continue to move forward
- ElginThe last nun? Sister Leticia's retirement at St. Joseph Hospital could end nearly 120-year streak
- RoselleSignode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022
- Cook CountyIllinois Supreme Court strikes down Cook County gun tax
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 25, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Aug. 23 to 27
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for July 1 to Aug. 25, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 27, 2021
- BloomingdaleSuburban homes appreciate in value over last year
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more