Developer for Naperville's 5th Avenue aims for global health-wellness standard
A new baseline design for 5th Avenue near the Naperville Metra station aims for a future redeveloped community to be the first in Illinois -- and second in the nation -- to meet a global standard for health and wellness.
Wahlburgers targets March opening in St. CharlesWith construction under way and a proposed liquor license on the table, Wahlburgers is targeting a March opening for its long-awaited St. Charles burger joint.
Buona Beef in Mount Prospect expected to open in NovemberMount Prospect residents soon won't have to travel far to get their Buona Beef fix. The chain's 26th location is expected to open in early November at a newly built shopping center at 861 E. Rand Road.
Longtime St. Charles hangout sees major renovationsAs a new reporter in St. Charles in 1977, it was fun when my boss took me to the Tin Cup Pass restaurant on the east side of St. Charles as part of my introduction to the area.
Buffalo Grove establishes new tax on recreational marijuana salesBuffalo Grove has yet to allow retail sales of recreational marijuana in the village, but it now has a tax in place if it becomes a reality next year. The tax could generate as much as $400,000 a year for the village, officials say.
A divided Federal Reserve cuts key rate for 2nd time this yearA sharply divided Federal Reserve cut its key benchmark interest rate for a second time this year while saying it's prepared to continue doing what it deems necessary to sustain the U.S. economic expansion.
Aurora begins process to consider recreational marijuana salesAurora aldermen could decide next month if recreational marijuana can be sold in the city. But first, other steps need to be taken.
Aurora chamber names Linder new CEOThe Aurora Regional Chamber of Commerce has named Jessica Linder president and CEO, effective Friday.
Bartlett to consider cannabis distribution in business parksBartlett officials will consider allowing two cannabis distribution facilities in business parks, but Village President Kevin Wallace said no decision will be made without more discussion.
Residents oppose recreational pot sales in St. Charles; public hearing to continueAfter hearing from several opponents of recreational marijuana sales Tuesday, members of a St. Charles advisory panel said they need more time and information before recommending whether it should be allowed as a special use.
Trump says a big China deal could come 'maybe soon.' That's unlikely.People close to the talks say the two sides are miles apart.
Co-working space or office lease? The bottom line isn't just moneyThe popularity of co-working arrangements over traditional office leases continues to grow, and it's easy to see why. They're more flexible, require much less planning, and offer substantial cost savings on both space and services. No wonder today's millennial workforce loves them. What's not to like? Plenty, argue attorneys Scott Hargadon and Holly Eubanks, specialists in leasing law at Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle, a leading Chicago area commercial real estate law firm. Beneath the seemingly obvious benefits, the two point out, lurks a quagmire of potentially costly risks, due largely to a lack of well-defined rights and regulations.
Business laws up-to-dateThis summer saw some business-critical legislation become laws. Updates are provided here on two new laws,
Tight labor market in western suburbs: Impediments and solutionsThe economies in the Western Suburbs are the envy of the rest of Illinois.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NapervilleDeveloper for Naperville's 5th Avenue aims for global health-wellness standard
- St. CharlesWahlburgers targets March opening in St. Charles
- Mount ProspectBuona Beef in Mount Prospect expected to open in November
- GenevaLongtime St. Charles hangout sees major renovations
- GenevaDelnor starts new residency program for primary care doctors
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove establishes new tax on recreational marijuana sales
- AuroraAurora begins process to consider recreational marijuana sales
- AuroraAurora chamber names Linder new CEO
- BartlettBartlett to consider cannabis distribution in business parks
- St. CharlesResidents oppose recreational pot sales in St. Charles; public hearing to continue
- NewsRare Arlington Heights Lustron home meets wrecking ball
- EducationCOD faculty members authorize strike
- ItascaCrowd size overwhelms Itasca hearing on Haymarket rehab center plans
- Kane CountyKane County panel gives recreational pot sales a yes vote, but it's not a done deal
- SportsO'Donnell: McCauley emerges as voice of the people in Arlington Park situation
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more