Lake County's first Raising Cane's opens in Gurnee
Lake County's first Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers location opened Tuesday morning in Gurnee at the strip mall anchored by the Menard's at Grand Avenue just south of Gurnee Mills.
America 'on fire': Facebook watched as Trump ignited hateThe reports of hateful and violent posts on Facebook started pouring in on the night of May 28 last year, soon after then-President Donald Trump sent a warning on social media that looters in Minneapolis would be shot.
Constable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl marketVinyl records survived 8-track, CDs and even digital streaming. And when the pandemic threatened, vinyl record sales skyrocketed at shops like Kiss The Sky in Batavia.
Senators put YouTube, TikTok, Snap on defensive on kids' useSenators put executives from YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat on the defensive Tuesday, questioning them about what they're doing to ensure young users' safety on their platforms.
Feder: Crain's Chicago Business cooks up deal with 'Check, Please!' creator David ManilowDavid Manilow, who created and produced the long-running weekly food show "Check, Please!" on WTTW-Channel 11, is teaming up with Crain's Chicago Business as the publication looks to expand its coverage of arts and culture.
Higher shipping rates help UPS as Q3 results top StreetUPS' third-quarter results beat analysts' expectations, as consumers are paying higher rates to have the package delivery company fulfill their shipping needs
Feder: Good Karma Brands names Keith Williams new boss for Chicago's ESPN 1000Good Karma Brands has moved quickly to name a new market manager for Chicago, overseeing ESPN Radio sports/talk WMVP 1000-AM.
Feder: NBC 5 announces sports anchor to help replace Siafa LewisWMAQ-Channel 5 announced a couple of high-profile changes to its sports department Tuesday, prompted by the departure of lead sports anchor Siafa Lewis after seven years at the NBC-owned station.
McDonald's sales surged 14% as virus restrictions easedMcDonald's is reporting stronger-than-expected sales in the third quarter, boosted by larger orders and higher prices on the menu
Stocks wobble on Wall Street, easing back from record highsStocks wobbled in morning trading on Wall Street Wednesday, a day after the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average set their latest record highs
Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US marketU.S. regulators are expelling a unit of China Telecom Ltd
Business Ledger | After Hours: BCENOn Oct. 20, the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) held a team-building/philanthropy day at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora, where they hand-packed meals for hungry children in remote areas of the world. BCEN staff based in Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana and Michigan flew in to BCEN's Oak Brook headquarters to participate in the very special day.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- GurneeLake County's first Raising Cane's opens in Gurnee
- BataviaConstable: Neither 8-tracks nor CDs nor virus can scratch vinyl market
- CrimeNorthbrook tech executive admits illegally exporting computer equipment to Pakistan
- Hanover ParkFirehouse Dogs to leave Schaumburg building
- NewsPool expansion key part of planned $3.5 project at Lakeview Fitness Center in Vernon Hills
- LibertyvilleWill indoor season at former Libertyville Sports Complex lead Canadian operator to stay?
- WarrenvilleWarrenville shares ideas for former gas station site
- Elk Grove VillageOld Elk Grove motel teardown delayed by bigger asbestos cleanup job
- BataviaMeet the Geneva couple who transformed a St. Charles statuary into a venue for intimate weddings
- BusinessFormer AT&T building in downtown Arlington Heights to get new life
- Oak BrookPortillo's execs call IPO a success
- ElginAmita Health splitting up health care system, says it needs to be nimble
- RoselleSignode to relocate packaging operations from Glenview to Roselle by 2022
- Prospect HeightsChicago Executive Airport hires veteran aviation leader as new executive director
- Cook CountyIllinois Supreme Court strikes down Cook County gun tax