'I missed the people. I missed the employees. I missed the food.' Suburbs reopen to Phase 3
The suburbs emerged from the state's stay-at-home order today and into a less restrictive Phase 3 of the Gov. J.B. Pritzker's Restore Illinois plan, as many residents looked forward to dining alfresco, doing a little shopping and finally getting a haircut.
Schaumburg greenlights talks with potential entertainment district developerSchaumburg trustees have given the go-ahead for the village's planned development of an entertainment district at the northeast corner of Meacham Road and the I-90 tollway to take further steps in the weeks ahead.
Woodfield Mall to reopen Friday with limited hours, capacityWoodfield Mall will reopen to the public Friday on the first day of Phase 3 of the state's reopening plan, officials announced Thursday.
Editorial: As suburbs reopen, let's do so with care and classIn this editorial, the Daily Herald says that as Illinois ushers in its incremental reopening from the lockdown prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic, it's important to understand that the pandemic isn't over and to behave responsibly.
Amazon finds Schaumburg grocery market favorable, but unlikely to dominate itSchaumburg officials say there's plenty of room in the local marketplace for a new Amazon grocery store and they don't believe its upcoming opening will significantly hurt the competition.
As Arlington Heights prepares for outdoor dining, Fausto's Italian Kitchen is closingWhile a select number of downtown Arlington Heights restaurants will be open Friday for alfresco dining, one longtime downtown eatery confirmed Thursday that it is closing up shop.
Arlington Heights art teacher brushes aside COVID-19Christine Thornton's new Hello Art Studio in Arlington Heights was going great until the pandemic hit and she was forced to close the doors in March. Today, she's running some popular online classes, and says "We're going to be OK."
Lee & Associates brokers $1.8M land saleLee & Associates has closed a $1.8 million sale of a 4.68 acre land site at the southwest corner of Tek Drive and Route 31 in Crystal Lake.
Restaurants in Rosemont's Parkway Bank Park offer outdoor diningSeveral restaurants in Rosemont's Parkway Bank Park entertainment district at 5501 Park Place began offering outdoor dining on Friday.
U.S. consumer spending sinks by record 13.6% in face of virusU.S. consumer spending plunged by a record-shattering 13.6% in April as the viral pandemic shuttered businesses, forced millions of layoffs and sent the economy into a deep recession.
Leonard's Bakery closes Northbrook storefront after 34 yearsLeonard's Bakery -- which billed itself as "the premier Jewish bakery on Chicago's Northshore" -- has closed after 34 years in Northbrook.
Returning to work: What liability do businesses have?As businesses are preparing to return to work, one question that is top of mind is what potential liability do I have if someone gets sick due to exposure from my place of business or the work that is being done?
Gerald Auto celebrates seniors with signs Celebrating graduates: St. Charles North seniors supported with sign projectMany pasttimes are being postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19. But graduating seniors at St. Charles North, one tradition is going strong this year - the congratulatory sign in the front yard.
Your PPP funds were granted -- now what?Unlike other traditional loans, having Paycheck Protection Program loans forgiven will not count toward taxable income. Your focus should now turn to maximizing loan forgiveness.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Elgin'I missed the people. I missed the employees. I missed the food.' Suburbs reopen to Phase 3
- SchaumburgSchaumburg greenlights talks with potential entertainment district developer
- SchaumburgWoodfield Mall to reopen Friday with limited hours, capacity
- BarringtonBarrington, Palatine set their rules for outdoor restaurant, bar operations
- SchaumburgAmazon finds Schaumburg grocery market favorable, but unlikely to dominate it
- BusinessAs Arlington Heights prepares for outdoor dining, Fausto's Italian Kitchen is closing
- Mount ProspectArlington Heights art teacher brushes aside COVID-19
- BusinessLee & Associates brokers $1.8M land sale
- RosemontRestaurants in Rosemont's Parkway Bank Park offer outdoor dining
- BusinessLeonard's Bakery closes Northbrook storefront after 34 years
- LibertyvilleLake County towns helping kick-start outdoor dining
- Wood DaleAAR named a "Top Veteran-Friendly" company
- ItascaParts Town, Davisware partnership focuses on foodservice technology
- BataviaSt. Charles church's free spaghetti dinner re-opens with drive-through
- NapervilleReality star Doute to appear in Naperville shop's first virtual author visit
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more