Sears demolition clearing way for big plans at Hawthorn Mall
Evidence of the massive makeover planned for Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills has emerged, as demolition of the former Sears anchor store is underway.
Glen Ellyn extends COVID-19 relief for businessesGlen Ellyn is extending a COVID-19 grant program supporting businesses for at least three more months.
Teriyaki Madness, Raising Cane's opening in Gurnee this yearTwo new chain restaurants -- Teriyaki Madness and Raising Cane's -- are expected to open in Gurnee this year.
New restaurants opening, as others close in Rolling MeadowsWhile the COVID-19 pandemic spelled the closure of a few restaurants and other businesses in Rolling Meadows last year, some new ones have opened in recent weeks, with more to come in the new year, city officials said.
123 more COVID-19 deaths, 4,979 new cases as indoor dining returns to some areasIllinois reported 123 more COVID-19 deaths and 4,979 new cases as the state lifted some COVID-19 restrictions on Will and Kankakee counties.
Complaints filed against four Gurnee-area eateries that defied indoor dining banLake County Health Department officials said two complaints have been filed against the four Gurnee-area restaurants whose owners decided to open for customers last Friday. Lawrence J. Mackey, the department's director of environmental health, said officials will visit each restaurant in the coming days.
Bartlett awards grant for village's 1st bakery in 11 yearsBartlett trustees Tuesday approved a $7,000 economic development assistance grant to help the village's first independent bakery in more than a decade open before Valentine's Day.
Lilly: Antibody drug can prevent COVID-19 illness in nursing homesDrugmaker Eli Lilly said Thursday its antibody drug can prevent COVID-19 illness in residents and staff of nursing homes and other long-term care locations.
Feder: Natasha Korecki to cover White House for PoliticoNatasha Korecki, who was a star reporter for the Chicago Sun-Times and the Daily Herald before joining Politico, has been promoted to White House correspondent.
Shirley Ryan rehab center is completeKrusinski Construction said is has completed work on the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab rehabilitation center within the Enterprise Office Campus, 3215 N. Wilke Road in Arlington Heights.
Trump returns to a business empire ravaged by pandemicDonald Trump is returning to a family business ravaged by pandemic shutdowns and restrictions, with revenue plunging more than 40% at his Doral golf property, his Washington hotel and both his Scottish resorts.
COVID relief update: A look inside the Consolidated Appropriations ActIn a rare act of compromise, Congress came together at the end of December to pass the Consolidated Appropriations Act, which provides long-awaited and much-needed economic relief to businesses and individuals.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Vernon HillsSears demolition clearing way for big plans at Hawthorn Mall
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn extends COVID-19 relief for businesses
- GurneeTeriyaki Madness, Raising Cane's opening in Gurnee this year
- Rolling MeadowsNew restaurants opening, as others close in Rolling Meadows
- AuroraHow COVID-19 has affected new home construction in the Fox Valley
- GurneeComplaints filed against four Gurnee-area eateries that defied indoor dining ban
- BartlettBartlett awards grant for village's 1st bakery in 11 years
- McHenry CountyPotential new development in Huntley could create up to 1,000 jobs in 2022
- PalatinePalatine launching grant program to assist struggling businesses
- Carol StreamCopresco expands capabilities with new digital printing press
- BarringtonBarrington Chamber announces 2021 Conquer Award recipients
- Des PlainesDes Plaines may launch COVID-19 recovery fund for businesses
- BusinessGlenview State Bank to be sold to Champaign bank's parent
- Mount ProspectDowntown Mount Prospect apartment proposal drawing concerns from neighbors
- Kane CountyKane County Board members consider lifting recreational pot ban
Through the Film Magnifier: Glen Campbell, Steve Garvey, Globetrotters, Scrabble tournaments and more