Experts want to help heartland cities compete for tech jobs. Their plan costs $100 billion.
Coastal hubs are snapping up most new, high-tech jobs. Researchers say it's time for the federal government to make a massive investment to ensure metro areas in the heartland are keeping up.
iGym levels playing field for disabled, able-bodied children with AROne brother uses a wheelchair and the other doesn't, yet they are able to play sports together thanks to an augmented reality system developed at the University of Michigan.
Walmart teams with Nuro's robot cars to deliver groceries in HoustonThe Walmart delivery service will be carried out using Nuro's self-driving Toyota Priuses, as well as R2, Nuro's futuristic-looking, autonomous delivery vehicle that carries only products with no onboard driver or passengers.
Will recreational pot sales in Palatine start out like the 'wild, wild West'?Although Palatine will allow recreational marijuana businesses in certain parts of the village, how the state law was written means casual weed sales can't start right away there.
Trump says US, China have reached deal; Sunday tariffs offPresident Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. and China have reached a Phase 1 trade deal, de-escalating a 17-month dispute between the economic powers.
Passero opens new location in downtown Arlington HeightsPassero, the popular Italian-American restaurant that's been a fixture in the downtown Arlington Heights dining scene since 2017, opened Thursday at a new location that doubles the capacity of its dining room.
UIC report finds elevated levels of ethylene oxide in Lake County residentsA University of Illinois at Chicago report found elevated levels of the toxic chemical ethylene oxide among Waukegan residents living near the Medline plant.
T-shirt business is more than just a job for Kane County jail inmatesWhat to get that special someone who has everything this holiday season? Some inmates at the Kane County jail have an idea or two.
St. Charles dispensary gets state license for recreational pot salesA medical marijuana facility in St. Charles has been awarded a state license to sell recreational cannabis under the same roof. But one key hurdle remains: Securing approval from the city.
New Vernon Hills Panda Express on hold pending legal challengeWork on the new Panda Express at Hawthorn Village Commons in Vernon Hills is on hold until at least February as a result of legal action initiated by the nearby Hobby Lobby store.
Number of parties suing Sterigenics jumps to 73The number of parties suing medical supply sterilization company Sterigenics on claims that its ethylene oxide gas emissions caused serious health problems grew to 73 this week, according to a law firm representing 18 of the plaintiffs.
Ready to grow your business? Consider the SBA 504 loanThe SBA offers four categories of loans: 7(a) working capital loans, microloans, disaster loans and 504 fixed asset loans. These programs provide much needed capital to small businesses, but the 504 stands out for its beneficial borrower terms.
SBA financing -- as "conventional" as it getsOne of the biggest misunderstandings with SBA financing is that it is for those that don't qualify for "conventional" financing. But what actually is conventional financing?
How integrated solutions can support the health & wealth of your enterpriseAll business entities face risk. Some aspects are insurable while some are not. But just because the risk is insurable, does that mean you should buy insurance?
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- PalatineWill recreational pot sales in Palatine start out like the 'wild, wild West'?
- Des PlainesWaiting for state approval, Rivers Casino tees up planned sportsbook
- BusinessPassero opens new location in downtown Arlington Heights
- AuroraT-shirt business is more than just a job for Kane County jail inmates
- St. CharlesSt. Charles dispensary gets state license for recreational pot sales
- Vernon HillsNew Vernon Hills Panda Express on hold pending legal challenge
- BusinessNumber of parties suing Sterigenics jumps to 73
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect board approves expansion of video gambling
- BusinessBlueStar opens showroom at Abt Electronics
- SchaumburgMolly's Cupcakes opens at Woodfield Mall
- NapervilleNaperville Shop With a Cop lets kids with challenges pick toys and maybe some basics
- Lake ForestAssertio selling shingles pain drug Gralise for $127.5M
- AlgonquinStorage facility, Popeyes and car wash proposed for former Algonquin bowling alley site
- WinfieldHealth officials: Legionnaires' cases could be linked to Central DuPage Hospital
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn looks to sell land at Five Corners intersection