'Sad to see that close': After 50 years, Sears shuttering Woodfield store, its last in Illinois
The Sears store at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, the iconic retailer's final location in Illinois, will close its doors in November as part of a corporate plan to "redevelop and reinvigorate the property," officials announced.
Lombard food co-op to launch second round of fundraisingPrairie Food Co-op in Lombard will soon launch the second phase of its Community Investment Program, which needs to raise $2.2 million to pay for a planned grocery store in downtown Lombard.
After one-year hiatus, Palatine Business and Community Expo to returnThe Business and Community Expo in Palatine will be back this month, instead of November as usual, to take advantage of the weather and offer, for the first time, outdoor activities like a petting zoo.
New restaurant coming to Des Plaines wants $47,753 grant from city to help with renovationsDes Plaines officials are considering giving a restaurateur a nearly $47,753 grant to help finance renovations in a soon-to-open downtown eatery.
Feder: Gaynor Hall to co-anchor WGN weekend mornings with Sean LewisGaynor Hall, a general assignment reporter at WGN-Channel 9 since 2008, has been named co-anchor of the Nexstar Media station's Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts alongside Sean Lewis. Starting this weekend, she'll succeed Tonya Francisco, who shifted to co-host of "Daytime Chicago," the new weekday morning lifestyle show, with Amy Rutledge.
Millennial Money: Beat your summer 'revenge shopping' debtThis push to re-create a world that felt something like "normal" may have brought back another familiar feeling: the anxiety of racking up debt.
SBA announces business award nomineesThe Schaumburg Business Association paid homage to its 20th anniversary with a Good Morning Schaumburg event on Sept. 14, presented by longtime SBA member and partner Daily Herald. The event included a slideshow featuring photos taken over the past 20 years, and a pinning ceremony for founding members of the organization.
Hurricane Ida losses reported by AllstateThe Allstate Corp. Thursday announced estimated catastrophe losses in August of $876 million, or $692 million after-tax. Catastrophe losses for July and August totaled $1.1 billion pre-tax.
New design firm opens in ElginCourtney Wright, a longtime businesswoman and small business owner, has started a new venture in Elgin to design business spaces.
Cook County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021Cook County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021
CF Industries halts operations in the U.K.Deerfield-based CF Industries Holdings Inc., a manufacturer of hydrogen and nitrogen products, said it is halting operations at two production plants in the United Kingdom because of high natural gas prices.
Business Ledger | Now is the time to rise: Resources and tools to elevate your businessComcast RISE, which stands for "Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment," is part of an expanded Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment that Comcast announced last summer, as well as a coordinated cross-company effort to address digital inequities through sustainable programming and investments such as internet Essentials and Lift Zones.
Dominican University -- a history of diversityDominican University has a strong history of advancing diversity on and off campus, since our inception as a women's college in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, educating the daughters of immigrant Irish lead miners.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Schaumburg'Sad to see that close': After 50 years, Sears shuttering Woodfield store, its last in Illinois
- LombardLombard food co-op to launch second round of fundraising
- PalatineAfter one-year hiatus, Palatine Business and Community Expo to return
- Des PlainesNew restaurant coming to Des Plaines wants $47,753 grant from city to help with renovations
- St. CharlesPlans move forward for new Beef Shack restaurant in St. Charles
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021
- SchaumburgEditorial: The glory that was Sears
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 5, 2021
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for July 16 to Aug. 4, 2021
- BloomingdaleConstable: Elections with ranked choice voting? I'd drink to that
- Elk Grove Village$1 billion redevelopment would make it a dozen data centers in Elk Grove
- AlgonquinAlgonquin to offer third round of business relief funding
- PalatineOwners of historic Palatine garden center blame tax increase for closure
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn keeps ban on retail marijuana sales
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more