Mount Prospect back to the drawing board for Block 56 redevelopment
A firm planning to redevelop Mount Prospect's former fire and police headquarters has dropped out of the project, leaving village officials searching for another developer to give the property a fresh start.
Neuqua Valley business students land in national competitionThe integration of technology and pet care is central to a business plan that has landed a team of Neuqua Valley High School student entrepreneurs in a national competition.
Why there's a shortage of bikes, and how you can make yours last longerWith bikes hard to come by -- parts and accessories, too -- there is no better time to make friends with your local bike shop.
Dunkin' to anchor Mount Prospect mixed-use developmentA mixed-use development will fill a vacant parcel once occupied by a Shell station at Algonquin and Elmhurst roads in Mount Prospect.
Abt Electronics expands recycling centerAbt Electronics in Glenview has completed a major expansion of its recycling center and and remains committed to recycling 95% of its own waste, the company said.
Walgreens surpasses 11 million COVID-19 vaccines administeredDeerfield-based Walgreens is now administering COVID-19 vaccines at a majority of its stores and continues to play an integral role in the nation's vaccination and pandemic response efforts.
Mundelein cannabis dispensary would triple in size under expansion planOwned by Chicago-based Green Thumb Industries, Rise operates in a roughly 4,000-square-foot building at 1325 Armour Blvd. The chain has 31 stores in nine states, and the Mundelein dispensary is its highest-volume shop, according to its website.
Lisle approves grants to help Schmaltz Deli relocate from NapervilleThe Lisle village board has awarded $85,000 in business development grants to encourage a venerable Jewish deli to move to the village.
Report: Lou Malnati's owners exploring selling the chainThe backers of Lou Malnati's Pizzeria are exploring options including a sale of the Chicago-style, deep-dish pizza chain, Bloomberg reported people familiar with the matter saying.
Nexus Pharmaceuticals announces launch of new injectionLincolnshire-based Nexus Pharmaceuticals announced the launch of Succinylcholine Chloride Injection, USP in 200mg/10mL multiple-dose vials. It is an AP-rated generic to Quelicin.
Liz Weston: The high price of money shameThe U.S. suicide rate has risen dramatically in recent years, and certified money coach Tammy Lally of Washington, D.C., is convinced money shame is a contributing factor.
Business Ledger | Sonova USA HQ hosts vaccination clinic for manufacturing workersFrom April 6-7, Sonova USA's new headquarters in Aurora, Ill., was transformed from a typical office environment for its Phonak and Unitron hearing aid brands into a mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic, specifically designated by the state of Illinois for employees in manufacturing roles.
FFCRA toothache becomes litigation root canalLawsuits claiming violations of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act are in full swing all over the country.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect back to the drawing board for Block 56 redevelopment
- NapervilleNeuqua Valley business students land in national competition
- PalatineWhy there's a shortage of bikes, and how you can make yours last longer
- Mount ProspectDunkin' to anchor Mount Prospect mixed-use development
- WheatonWheaton's French market opens in temporary location
- BusinessWalgreens surpasses 11 million COVID-19 vaccines administered
- MundeleinMundelein cannabis dispensary would triple in size under expansion plan
- LisleLisle approves grants to help Schmaltz Deli relocate from Naperville
- LincolnshireNexus Pharmaceuticals announces launch of new injection
- RosemontRosemont's Wynnchurch Capital announces executive promotions
- BloomingdaleD1 Sports Training gym facility proposed for Bloomingdale
- West ChicagoWest Chicago regulates short-term home rentals
- Downers GroveConstable: Downers Grove voice doctor learns people really need to burp
- NapervilleNaperville might adjust liquor license language for theater house
- CarpentersvilleCarpentersville's first marijuana dispensary opens off Route 31
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more