Fifth Third to close 44 local branch banks
Fifth Third Bank will close 44 Fifth Third and MB Financial branches in the suburbs and Chicago next month, part of the Ohio-based bank's move to streamline operations in the wake of its merger with MB Financial Bank last year.
"The idea is to create a community": Arlington Heights eases way for southern town centerWith an eye toward creating a town center at the southern gateway of Arlington Heights -- whose density would mirror that of the village's downtown -- village trustees Monday agreed to loosen zoning standards that could help pave the way.
'This is a mess': Hundreds of complaints against St. Charles-area car dealershipsIllinois Secretary of State Police are dealing with more than 500 cases tied to the Nissan of St. Charles dealership and the Pre-Owned of St. Charles dealerships in St. Charles and West Chicago.
Puebla to relocate; new Mexican restaurant to take its place in St. CharlesA shuffling of restaurants in downtown St. Charles has made way for the addition of a new contemporary Mexican establishment and the relocation of another.
Closed Rolling Meadows hotel fined thousands for code violations after workers were staying thereThe owner of a closed Rolling Meadows hotel faces thousands of dollars in fines for dozens of city code violations that have included rooms and offices being used without occupancy permits, a sprinkler system that was disabled and a leaking roof not repaired.
Chambers of commerce largely staying silent on marijuana salesSuburban chambers of commerce are largely staying out of the debate over whether to allow or forbid recreational marijuana retailers in towns across the region.
Mitsuwa Marketplace ready to show off renovationsMitsuwa Marketplace in Arlington Heights will show off its first major renovation since it opened in 1987 with a three-day celebration beginning Friday.
How Good Samaritan Hospital's new operating room opens possibilitiesA new operating room at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital gives doctors more options when it comes to performing common heart procedures.
Wauconda police warn people about financial scams after local residents, employee lose thousandsWauconda police are warning people to be cautious with their money after two residents reported losing thousands of dollars to thieves running scams.
Historic Hoffman Estates farmhouse to be razed after builder doesn't show up to save itThe 119-year-old but dilapidated Bergman farmhouse in Hoffman Estates -- hoped for the past four years to find a builder interested in restoring it for its historic value -- won't be getting any older.
Parreault named new Batavia chamber chiefThe Batavia Chamber of Commerce has named Margaret Perreault as the organization's new president and chief executive officer. Perreault, who has been the chamber's membership development specialist for the past four years, was selected based on her work experience with the chamber, according to board of directors chairperson Jessica McGrail.
AMITA Health offers state-of-the-art joint replacementAMITA Health's state-of-the-art Center for Advanced Joint Replacement in Hoffman Estates offers extraordinary technology including the Stryker MAKO robotic arm for joint replacement surgery.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Business"The idea is to create a community": Arlington Heights eases way for southern town center
- St. Charles'This is a mess': Hundreds of complaints against St. Charles-area car dealerships
- St. CharlesPuebla to relocate; new Mexican restaurant to take its place in St. Charles
- ElginAllow sales or 'incur pain'? Suburbs weighing legal pot shop regulations
- Rolling MeadowsClosed Rolling Meadows hotel fined thousands for code violations after workers were staying there
- ElginChambers of commerce largely staying silent on marijuana sales
- BusinessMitsuwa Marketplace ready to show off renovations
- Downers GroveHow Good Samaritan Hospital's new operating room opens possibilities
- WaucondaWauconda police warn people about financial scams after local residents, employee lose thousands
- Hoffman EstatesHistoric Hoffman Estates farmhouse to be razed after builder doesn't show up to save it
- BataviaParreault named new Batavia chamber chief
- BusinessDiscover named Best Place to Work for IT
- ElginMiddleby acquires Ss Brewtech
- Lake VillaLake Villa pursuing agreement with Lake County for inspection services
- BartlettBartlett barn gets reboot as Prestige Creative Markets and Nursery
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more