Arlington Park's survival still possible, racing board member says
Though saving Arlington Park may be a longshot, recent developments suggest there's still hope to keep the historic venue open, Illinois Racing Board Commissioner Alan Henry said Tuesday.
Microsoft data center approved in Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates village board members have unanimously approved the first of two 207,000-square-foot Microsoft data centers on Lakewood Avenue, north of Bell Works Chicagoland.
After 2 decades of serving pints, Peggy Kinnane's owners selling Arlington Heights pubAfter 20 years of serving up pints and anchoring Arlington Heights' downtown business district, Derek and Michelle Hanley are selling Peggy Kinnane's Irish Pub & Restaurant.
'We're not going back': Naperville mayor reflects on 2020, looks ahead to future developmentA new Costco warehouse and other developments along East Ogden Avenue have contributed to a flurry of recent economic activity in Naperville, despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayor Steve Chirico said during his State of the City address Monday.
How funeral homes evolved during COVID-19Like many industries, funeral homes were prompted to adapt in response to the pandemic.
Deli eyeing former Le Francais site in WheelingA long-vacant building on Wheeling's Restaurant Row may finally have found a new occupant.
Gurnee board to consider plans for industrial complex near Great AmericaA triangular parcel of land just south of Great America has long been seen by Gurnee leaders as the site of the village's next big tourist attraction. On Monday night, however, the village board will discuss a very different plan to build two massive industrial buildings there.
Portillo's enters spicy chicken wars with new hot giardiniera sauce on sandwichPortillo's, famous for its Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and yes, popular chocolate cake, is making a foray into the spicy chicken wars. But with a kick -- topping the new sandwich with a specialty hot giardiniera sauce.
Acura Pharmaceuticals reports loss in first quarterPalatine-based Acura Pharmaceuticals Inc. reported an operating loss of $146,000 for the first quarter of 2021 compared to an operating loss of $483,000 for the first quarter last year.
Feder: V103 on top of Chicago radio ratings againWVAZ 102.7-FM, the iHeartMedia R&B powerhouse, widened its lead as Chicago's most popular radio station in the latest Nielsen Audio survey.
Lifeway Foods reports sales increaseMorton Grove-based Lifeway Foods Inc. Monday reported financial results for its fiscal year first quarter, saying its net sales were $29.4 million, an increase of $4 million or 15.7% from the same period in 2020.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Special ReportArlington Park's survival still possible, racing board member says
- Hoffman EstatesMicrosoft data center approved in Hoffman Estates
- NewsAfter 2 decades of serving pints, Peggy Kinnane's owners selling Arlington Heights pub
- Naperville'We're not going back': Naperville mayor reflects on 2020, looks ahead to future development
- GurneePopeyes could be coming to Gurnee this summer
- Round LakeHow funeral homes evolved during COVID-19
- WheelingDeli eyeing former Le Francais site in Wheeling
- GurneeGurnee board to consider plans for industrial complex near Great America
- Special ReportIs a Bears move to Arlington Park realistic? Other NFL towns show what has to happen
- BusinessRestaurants, theaters see benefits as 'Bridge Phase' starts
- BloomingdaleWoodman's Food Market targets late July opening in Bloomingdale
- SchaumburgISACA to recognize outstanding technology professionals
- LisleCTS Corporation board authorizes new share repurchase program
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers, Dec. 10-31, 2020
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Dec. 21-31, 2020
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more