'Bring it on!': Suburban residents, visitors enjoy first day of the state's full reopening
After more than a year of navigating evolving COVID-19 mandates and mitigation strategies, Illinoisans have officially entered the Phase 5 of Gov. J.B. Pritzker's reopening plan today, marking a significant milestone in the fight against the pandemic.
'It's going to be a slow process': Ready or not, Illinois is reopening on FridayIllinois' expected "full reopening" Friday is a bit of a blessing and a curse for many business owners, office managers and government agencies who are finding some unexpected roadblocks on their way to getting back to maximum capacity.
Potential buyers present plan for former Motorola site in HarvardLeft relatively untouched for almost 20 years, Harvard's former Motorola campus could undergo extensive rehabilitation as it transforms into a mostly energy-independent data center that would house multiple business operations.
Last vestige of former Vernon Hills supper club likely to disappearA pending plan for a fifth building at the South Lake Industrial Center in Vernon Hills would erase the vestiges of a former family farm and a once exclusive dinner club that operated for 40 years.
Meet Chicago Northwest finds new president from withinDirectors of Meet Chicago Northwest, the Schaumburg-based visitors bureau and marketing organization for eight communities in the Northwest suburbs, have found their new president in Heather Larson, the agency's director of sales for more than a decade.
Greater Family Health plans 8th location in PalatineThe eighth full-time location of Greater Family Health -- which last month changed its name from Greater Elgin Family Care Center -- is planned for Palatine.
Some Great America guests could be eligible for $200 under settlementSix Flags Great America has reached a proposed $36 million settlement in a class-action suit filed by a family claiming the amusement park violated their privacy by scanning their fingers at the entry gates.
No adult businesses, car washes: Panel recommends rules for Arlington Park redevelopmentArlington Heights plan commissioners unanimously endorsed an overlay zone late Wednesday that will govern the potential redevelopment of the 326-acre Arlington Park racecourse, including the types of uses that will be prohibited.
Energy negotiations to continue through weekendThe latest draft of an energy regulatory overhaul bill that has been in negotiations for months was unveiled late Thursday ahead of lawmakers' planned return to the state Capitol to vote on it next week.
Parking a concern for proposed brewery, taproom in Arlington HeightsArlington Heights plan commissioners approved plans Wednesday for a new local brewery called Arlington Beer Co., while also rejecting proposed capacity restrictions on its taproom intended to prevent parking congestion along the adjoining streets.
Q&A: Dr. Ezike on dealing with the health crisis of a century and what reopening meansWhen Dr. Ngozi Ezike accepted the offer to lead the Illinois Department of Public Health, she never envisioned her time would be marked by the greatest global public health crisis in more than a century.
4 small-business innovations that will outlast the pandemicSmall businesses that survived the COVID-19 pandemic still face a long road to recovery, but some of the innovations business owners adopted last year may outlast the pandemic itself.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Cary'Bring it on!': Suburban residents, visitors enjoy first day of the state's full reopening
- Vernon HillsLast vestige of former Vernon Hills supper club likely to disappear
- SchaumburgMeet Chicago Northwest finds new president from within
- PalatineGreater Family Health plans 8th location in Palatine
- GurneeSome Great America guests could be eligible for $200 under settlement
- Special ReportNo adult businesses, car washes: Panel recommends rules for Arlington Park redevelopment
- BusinessParking a concern for proposed brewery, taproom in Arlington Heights
- Glen EllynDevelopers propose apartments, townhouses on downtown Glen Ellyn site
- BusinessWalgreens extends pharmacy hours for walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations
- GurneeOld Dairy Queen on Old Grand Avenue to be demolished by village
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for Jan. 15-27, 2021
- GenevaConstable: Chemo was so absurd to Wheaton woman that she made a coloring book about it
- Mount ProspectSuburban Skyview: Downtown Mount Prospect development going upward
- Downers GroveNeighbors oppose sale of former school in Downers Grove
- Lake ZurichACCO Brands to take part in investor conference
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more