'This is good news for us': Hoffman Estates relieved by Sears Holdings' survival
Hoffman Estates officials were delighted Wednesday with the success of Sears Holdings Chairman Eddie Lampert's bid to save the bankrupt company that's been headquartered in the village for more than a fifth of its 126-year storied history.
Crown Development developers: 'This site is perfect'; Sugar Grove residents objectPublic hearing on proposed business park for Sugar Grove draws big, critical crowd.
Sears survives bankruptcy auction, will keep 400 stores openSears -- the iconic retail chain that was forced into bankruptcy in October -- avoided a total shutdown after billionaire Eddie Lampert, the company's chairman and largest shareholder, won a bankruptcy auction for Hoffman Estates-based Sears Holdings Corp.
Mall of India under construction at Naperville former WalmartThe Mall of India is under construction in Naperville as crews build space for 27 small businesses, 10 restaurants and a grocery store -- all inside a former Walmart.
UK Parliament overwhelmingly rejects May's Brexit dealBritish lawmakers on Tuesday overwhelmingly rejected Prime Minister Theresa May's divorce deal with the European Union, plunging the Brexit process into chaos.
Red or green light? How drivers could soon find parking in Arlington Heights garageFor the price of $420,000, Arlington Heights' busy Vail Avenue garage could get a digital system that would more easily show drivers which of the structure's 1,056 spaces are available.
Marine veteran from Arlington Heights helps comrades get jobsMarine veteran Scott Lietzow found job hunting after his four years in the Marine Corps a challenge. Now the Arlington Heights resident helps other veterans find civilian employment.
Feder: Ann Dwyer named editor of Crain's Chicago BusinessAnn Dwyer has been promoted to editor of Crain's Chicago Business, becoming the first woman to lead the editorial staff in the publication's 41-year history.
Manufacturer moving from Schaumburg to Elk GroveA Schaumburg manufacturer plans to relocate to Elk Grove Village and build a $16 million, 128,000-square-foot industrial building.
Feder: WGN's Violeta Podrumedic joining Eric Ferguson's showVioleta Podrumedic, afternoon traffic reporter on Tribune Broadcasting news/talk WGN 720-AM, is changing lanes, Robert Feder writes
New day care close to approval in NapervilleA Naperville woman is close to her goal of opening a day care in town after the plan gained approval on several fronts Tuesday from the Naperville City Council.
Columns | Bolingbrook's Wi-Tronix brings innovation to rail industryLarry Jordan co-founded Wi-Tronix in his basement in 2005, and it has grown to become a driving force in the innovation of the railroad industry, bring safety and efficiency systems into an industry that has a long and storied history in the Chicago area.
Retirement on the horizon: A financial planning checklistRetirement is one of the biggest events you will experience in your lifetime and requires you to have a retirement checklist to plan your finances correctly. Here is a retirement checklist of items to consider as you are trying to plan for your life after work.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman Estates'This is good news for us': Hoffman Estates relieved by Sears Holdings' survival
- Sugar GroveCrown Development developers: 'This site is perfect'; Sugar Grove residents object
- Hoffman EstatesSears survives bankruptcy auction, will keep 400 stores open
- NapervilleMall of India under construction at Naperville former Walmart
- BusinessWalgreens teams with Microsoft to battle Amazon
- NewsRed or green light? How drivers could soon find parking in Arlington Heights garage
- NewsMarine veteran from Arlington Heights helps comrades get jobs
- Elk Grove VillageManufacturer moving from Schaumburg to Elk Grove
- NapervilleNew day care close to approval in Naperville
- BusinessSky Zone offers free play for furloughed workers
- Sugar GroveWarehouses, businesses eyed for 760-acre site off I-88 in Sugar Grove
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- St. CharlesReports: St. Charles sees increase in afforable housing stock
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments