'Over the moon,' 'Not a fan': Arlington Park neighbors ponder possible Chicago Bears relocation
When it comes to the Chicago Bears possibly relocating to Arlington Park, nearby residents and business owners in Arlington Heights and Rolling Meadows have mixed feelings. One the one hand: tax revenue. On the other: potential traffic jams.
Both horses and Chicago Bears at Arlington Park? Some, like consortium leader and mayor, like ideaCould the Chicago Bears and thoroughbred racing coexist at a reimagined Arlington Park? Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes and the head of a consortium seeking to preserve horseracing endorse the idea.
St. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurantSt. Charles microbreweries Riverlands Brewing Company, and D and G Brewing are seeking to expand their dining and entertainment options, but the city's aldermen this week expressed concern about giving the sites -- including one in a residential area -- privileges similar to what bars and restaurants enjoy.
Historic barn inspires a new restaurant in BartlettRestaurateur Rakesh Chopra is restoring a 120-year-old historic barn in Bartlett into a bar and tapas lounge with a "quaint" feel.
Liz Weston: Should you save less for retirement?Some people save prodigious amounts so they can retire early or because they're worried they won't have enough for a comfortable retirement. But aggressive saving can have significant and sometimes unexpected costs
Feder: Dahleen Glanton, Shannon Ryan announce Tribune buyoutsDahleen Glanton, who brought a thoughtful perspective on issues of race, poverty, violence and social justice to Tribune readers, told social media followers Sunday that she's leaving at week's end after taking a buyout offer from new owner Alden Global Capital.
Companies give vaccines to workers, boosting Japan's rolloutThousands of Japanese companies began distributing COVID-19 vaccines to workers and their families Monday in an employer-led drive reaching more than 13 million people that aims to rev up the nation's slow vaccine rollout.
Political donations lead Stonewall Inn to ban some beersThe Stonewall Inn's owners say they won't serve certain beers at the famous LGBT bar during Pride weekend to protest manufacturer Anheuser-Busch's political contributions to some politicians who have supported anti-LGBT legislation
In surprise move, Norwegian low-cost airline names new CEOLow-cost carrier Norwegian Air Shuttle has tapped the carrier's CFO Geir Karlsen as new chief executive on Monday, a day after the board decided to immediately terminate its contract with CEO Jacob Schram
California weighs extending eviction protections past JuneCalifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom and lawmakers are negotiating whether to extend the state's ban on evictions for unpaid rent
Hong Kong's Apple Daily newspaper says it may shut downHong Kong pro-democracy newspaper Apple Daily says its board of directors has asked authorities to unfreeze some assets so that it can pay salaries
Business Ledger | New real estate project management firm comes to NapervilleMichael A. Tenuta has founded Strategic Project Advisors LLC, a Naperville firm offering real estate program and project management, and capital project planning and consulting on commercial, industrial, hospitality and life sciences projects.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Rolling Meadows'Over the moon,' 'Not a fan': Arlington Park neighbors ponder possible Chicago Bears relocation
- Special ReportBoth horses and Chicago Bears at Arlington Park? Some, like consortium leader and mayor, like idea
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurant
- BartlettHistoric barn inspires a new restaurant in Bartlett
- WaucondaWauconda offering incentive for business facade improvements
- Des PlainesConstable: He has no pulse, but Des Plaines man hasn't missed a beat as 'LVAD Dad'
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: Bears could be feeling earth move all the way to host and play in Super Bowl 67
- ItascaItasca's job growth driven by technology and manufacturing
- AuroraSuncast Corp., a manufacturer of high-quality resin products, said it has installed new solar array panels to help power its Batavia operations.
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for Jan. 1 through Feb. 4, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Jan. 21-27, 2021
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for Dec. 16, 2020, through Feb. 4, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for Jan. 21 through Feb. 4, 2021
- Villa ParkHigh-end mixed-use apartment building to rise near Villa Park Metra station
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: One man has the power to make the Bears at Arlington Park happen
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more