Stocks drop the most since May on worries over China, Fed
Stocks on Wall Street closed sharply lower Monday, mirroring losses overseas and handing the S&P 500 index its biggest drop in four months.
With village finances on the rise, Gurnee considers aid to small businessesThe Gurnee village board will vote Monday on a program to offer grants to businesses to help cover costs related to the pandemic.
Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine works in kids ages 5 to 11Pfizer said Monday its COVID-19 vaccine works for children ages 5 to 11 and that it will seek U.S. authorization for this age group soon -- a key step toward beginning vaccinations for youngsters.
After one-year hiatus, Palatine Business and Community Expo to returnThe Business and Community Expo in Palatine will be back this month, instead of November as usual, to take advantage of the weather and offer, for the first time, outdoor activities like a petting zoo.
Illinois' eviction moratorium set to expire Oct. 3The state's moratorium on enforcement of residential evictions will expire on Oct. 3, according to Gov. J.B. Pritzker's latest COVID-19 executive order.
The freelancing boom may change how you buy life insuranceWith an increase in freelancing, the role of workplace group life insurance in long-term financial plans is likely to change.
Feder: WCPT hires Edwin Eisendrath as Saturday afternoon hostEven he knows you don't replace a Dick Kay. But in the nine weeks Edwin Eisendrath has been filling in Saturday afternoons on WCPT 820-AM, he's shown himself to be an adept, articulate and inspired choice as successor.
Horizon Group loses ownership of three shopping centersRosemont-based Horizon Group Properties Inc. said it has completed a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction with its lender involving The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington (Washington), The Outlet Shoppes at Fremont (Indiana) and The Outlet Shoppes at Oshkosh (Wisconsin).
Walgreens to reward workers for getting vaccinated against COVID-19Deerfield-based Walgreens Friday announced new bonuses and rewards for its pharmacy teams, including providing an incentive of $200 myWalgreens cash to any team member who has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Nov. 30.
'Sad to see that close': After 50 years, Sears shuttering Woodfield store, its last in IllinoisThe Sears store at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, the iconic retailer's final location in Illinois, will close its doors in November as part of a corporate plan to "redevelop and reinvigorate the property," officials announced.
Lombard food co-op to launch second round of fundraisingPrairie Food Co-op in Lombard will soon launch the second phase of its Community Investment Program, which needs to raise $2.2 million to pay for a planned grocery store in downtown Lombard.
Business Ledger | Now is the time to rise: Resources and tools to elevate your businessComcast RISE, which stands for "Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment," is part of an expanded Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment that Comcast announced last summer, as well as a coordinated cross-company effort to address digital inequities through sustainable programming and investments such as internet Essentials and Lift Zones.
Dominican University -- a history of diversityDominican University has a strong history of advancing diversity on and off campus, since our inception as a women's college in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, educating the daughters of immigrant Irish lead miners.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- GurneeWith village finances on the rise, Gurnee considers aid to small businesses
- PalatineAfter one-year hiatus, Palatine Business and Community Expo to return
- Schaumburg'Sad to see that close': After 50 years, Sears shuttering Woodfield store, its last in Illinois
- LombardLombard food co-op to launch second round of fundraising
- Des PlainesNew restaurant coming to Des Plaines wants $47,753 grant from city to help with renovations
- LombardLombard offering tourism grants
- SchaumburgEditorial: The glory that was Sears
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for July 30 to Aug. 5, 2021
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for July 16 to Aug. 4, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for July 14 to Aug. 4, 2021
- St. CharlesPlans move forward for new Beef Shack restaurant in St. Charles
- BloomingdaleConstable: Elections with ranked choice voting? I'd drink to that
- Elk Grove Village$1 billion redevelopment would make it a dozen data centers in Elk Grove
- AlgonquinAlgonquin to offer third round of business relief funding
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more