The world still doesn't have enough places to plug in carsEven in the biggest electric vehicle markets, a driver venturing too far from home can have a hard time finding a place to recharge.
Lawmakers want answers from Facebook on privacy of 'closed' health groupsHouse Democrats are concerned about health information people may have shared in closed groups that are labeled as "anonymous" -- implying a certain level of privacy in spaces devoted to discussing deeply personal issues, such as substance abuse or sexual assault.
Apple to target combining iPhone, iPad and Mac apps by 2021The ultimate goal of the multistep initiative, code-named "Marzipan," is by 2021 to help developers build an app once and have it work on the iPhone, iPad and Mac computers,
Elgin motorcycle dealership owner says closure was heartbreakingThe owner of the former BBK Motorsport in Elgin attributed the closure of his business mostly to investing into growth at the wrong time, and noted the recent federal government shutdown also may have been a factor.
GSA to lease space in LombardNAI Hiffman recently represented ownership in securing a new tenant at 747 E. 22nd St., in Lombard.
Why two St. Charles organizations might merge into oneTwo St. Charles organizations are attempting to merge into a single marketing and economic development group called One St. Charles.
From Domani to Highland: Cafe relaunching in Elgin with new nameA new "Highland Cafe" with updated décor and an expanded menu is in the works in downtown Elgin to replace a cafe where regulars hung out in the mornings to talk about the day's news.
Resumption of high-level US-China trade talks raises hopesUS and China resume high-level talks in trade standoff over Beijing tech policies
Pinnacle Dermatology acquires Calumet DermatologyPinnacle Dermatology has acquired Calumet Dermatology in Calumet City, Illinois and Dyer, Indiana, expanding its footprint in Northwest Indiana.
Gilvydis Vein Clinic gets accreditationGilvydis Vein Clinic has been granted a three-year term of accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in Vascular Testing in the area of vein ultrasounds.
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- ElginElgin motorcycle dealership owner says closure was heartbreaking
- LombardGSA to lease space in Lombard
- St. CharlesWhy two St. Charles organizations might merge into one
- ElginFrom Domani to Highland: Cafe relaunching in Elgin with new name
- LombardPinnacle Dermatology acquires Calumet Dermatology
- GenevaGilvydis Vein Clinic gets accreditation
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills wants Macy's to scale back Hawthorn Mall plan
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN 'The Ocho'
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect rejects plan for Wendy's on Rand Road
- Lake ZurichLake Zurich board approves final Life Time Fitness plan
- BusinessNext Realty acquires Arlington Executive Plaza
- Hoffman EstatesNIU to open Esports Cafes in Naperville, Hoffman Estates centers
- BloomingdaleComcast plans Xfinity Store in Bloomingdale
- NapervilleSouthern Tide rebrands to Trails & Tides
- LincolnshireZebra completes Temptime acquisition