Old Second National Bank and West Suburban Bank plan to merge
Aurora-based Old Second National Bank acquires Lombard-based West Suburban Bank in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $297 million. The merger agreement was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both banks.
Lou Malnati's latest company to move to Buffalo Grove's growing northeast sideIn addition to its famous deep dish offerings, Lou Malnati's Pizzeria will be delivering jobs to Buffalo Grove when it opens its new home office in the village next year.
In another sign of impending closure, Arlington Park employees get layoff noticesIn yet another nail in the coffin for Arlington Park, track employees received formal notice over the weekend that they will be laid off two months from now, when horses cross the finish line for the final time.
Libertyville man plants urban farm in old shipping containerA Libertyville man has made his childhold passion for gardening into a business growing microgreens out of an old shipping container he found behind his home. The container got a recent facelift with a mural painted by his cousin.
Barnes & Noble plans move to Algonquin Commons this fallBarnes & Noble plans on moving out of its West Dundee location, and into the Algonquin Commons, later this year. One of the country's largest retail booksellers, Barnes & Noble announced Thursday it plans on relocating from Spring Hill Mall Shopping Center to the Algonquin Commons in October.
People may live in them, but infrastructure in 5 McHenry County subdivisions isn't finishedA notice is being filed with properties in five McHenry County subdivisions that building permits may not be issued in subdivisions with unfinished stormwater systems or roads.
Pritzker signs bills expanding access to mental health careIllinois residents will soon have greater access to mental health services under measures Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed into law Friday. Starting Jan. 1, most insurance companies doing business in Illinois will be required to provide their beneficiaries with timely and proximate access to treatment for mental, emotional, nervous or substance abuse disorders.
Georgian restaurant coming to WheelingA restaurant serving Georgian food is coming to a Wheeling shopping center.
New hope for Spring Hill Mall? Sale to investment group, town collaboration could spark interestA week after Spring Hill Mall was sold to an investment group, Carpentersville and West Dundee officials announced they'll be collaborating to end current mall TIF districts and create a new TIF district in each village that will be more attractive to potential developers.
Feder: WBBM Newsradio adds digital managing editorLauren Hill, who was a content editor and digital producer at the Chicago Tribune before she left with a buyout last month, has been hired as digital managing editor at the all-news station.
DeVry University boasts 44 U.S. OlympiansNaperville-based DeVry University Friday announced a roster of 44 DeVry undergraduates, graduates and master's degree students who will compete at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Fortune Brands announces additional $400 million share repurchase authorization and declares quarterly dividendDEERFIELD -- Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. announced that its board of directors authorized the repurchase of up to $400 million of shares of the Company's common stock over the next two years on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions in accordance with applicable securities laws. The $400 million share repurchase authorization announced today is in addition to the $306 million remaining from a prior authorization which expires on Sept. 21, 2022.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- AuroraOld Second National Bank and West Suburban Bank plan to merge
- Buffalo GroveLou Malnati's latest company to move to Buffalo Grove's growing northeast side
- Special ReportIn another sign of impending closure, Arlington Park employees get layoff notices
- LibertyvilleLibertyville man plants urban farm in old shipping container
- AlgonquinBarnes & Noble plans move to Algonquin Commons this fall
- McHenry CountyPeople may live in them, but infrastructure in 5 McHenry County subdivisions isn't finished
- WheelingGeorgian restaurant coming to Wheeling
- CarpentersvilleNew hope for Spring Hill Mall? Sale to investment group, town collaboration could spark interest
- Buffalo GroveReport: Lou Malnati's moving HQ to Buffalo Grove
- WheelingLondon Crossing plan up for review in Wheeling
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers for Feb. 4 to 11, 2021
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers for Feb. 4 to 19, 2021
- Kane CountyKane County property transfers for Feb. 2 to 19, 2021
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers for Dec. 20, 2020, to Feb. 19, 2021
- AntiochMetallica band helps CLC tech students
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more