These are the 20 richest people in the automotive industry
This list includes some household names: Tesla's Elon Musk is worth $23.1 billion; Larry Ellison, with $58.5 billion in total wealth, owns a stake in Tesla that's worth more than $730 million. Others, you might not know -- or expect.
October is the new April for accountants after tax law confusionFor Americans who couldn't figure out how to pay their taxes in April after Republicans overhauled the tax code, there is a new day of dread for accountants: Oct. 15. That's the filing deadline for individuals and corporations that asked the IRS for a six-month extension.
Do I really need to write cover letters for online job applications?Just as you probably have multiple ready-to-share résumés tailored to a variety of jobs, you should also have a selection of prewritten, neutral-tone standard introductory statements to pair with them.
Analysis: GE pension freeze shows workers need better way to saveIt's time to get serious about helping workers achieve a secure retirement.
Startups with female founders raise more venture cashThe study adds to growing evidence that diversity at a company, in leadership, and in staffing, leads to better financial results.
Children's museum plan gives way to brewery in Lake VillaLake Villa officials recently approved a $175,000 incentive to Harbor Brewing Co. of Winthrop Harbor to help buy the long vacant former Chrysler dealership on Cedar Avenue in a continuing effort to revive the downtown area.
Samsung fixed its folding phone. but it's still not ready for mostSix months after launching a device with a strange screen protector and a tendency to crack, Samsung is back with a much-improved product. It's still not ready for most consumers, though.
Amazon workers may be watching your Cloud Cam home footageIn a promotional video, Amazon.com Inc. says its Cloud Cam home security camera provides "everything you need to monitor your home, day or night." In fact, the artificially intelligent device requires help from a squad of invisible employees.
To live or die by Google search brings an escalating cost for businesses"Where's the best place to hide a body? The second page of a Google search." But many businesses aren't laughing.
Sting operations help startups crack down on stolen scootersIn the e-scooter industry, theft of the two-wheelers is regular and costly, with replacements cost a few hundred dollars each.
Good news, Facebook doubters: You can bet on Libra being delayedFrom the moment Facebook officially unveiled Libra, the digital currency has faced an onslaught of criticism.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Lake VillaChildren's museum plan gives way to brewery in Lake Villa
- ElginLooking to open a spot in downtown Elgin? Free tour on Saturday
- PalatineEconomist: Tariffs are best option against China
- BataviaMeet the husband-wife duo behind Motto and Flourish -- two clothing boutiques in Geneva
- PalatinePalatine schedules public hearing on potential marijuana sales
- BarringtonSupporters, opponents speak out on Barrington Animal Hospital plan
- ElginElgin spent $82K in police OT for 24/7 downtown patrol. Was it worth it?
- LisleLisle agrees to ban recreational marijuana sales
- SchaumburgNew Planet Fitness in Schaumburg plans official opening Tuesday
- GurneeNew Aldi slated to open in Gurnee on Oct. 31
- BarringtonBarrington area couple known for their love of nature
- GurneeGateway Foundation opens residential program for LGBTQ patients in Lake Villa
- PalatineWe Rock the Spectrum Kid's Gym celebrating 1 year in Palatine
- BarringtonBarrington advisory panel against recreational marijuana sales
- AlgonquinAlgonquin to vote Tuesday on 3% marijuana tax
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more