Churchill Downs says Arlington Park bids expected by June
Prospective buyers of the 326-acre property that's long been home to Arlington International Racecourse are expected to make their offers by the end of June, officials said Thursday.
Selfie WRLD photo studio coming to Streets of WoodfieldBorn from a pandemic-caused layoff, a new do-it-yourself photo studio at Streets of Woodfield in Schaumburg aims to be a source of fun for those emerging from their own cocoons of the past year.
Century Tile will close all 4 of its locationsCentury Tile, an iconic Chicago-area tile and carpet retailer and one of the largest floorcovering retailers in the Midwest, announced its permanent closure and liquidation of all stores this month.
Scratchboard Kitchen hosts new dinner series Women in Culinary Driving ChangeThe women behind Arlington Heights' Scratchboard Kitchen are pairing with other women in the food industry for a series of special dinners.
Feder: Chicago Public Media promotes Tracy Brown to WBEZ content chiefTracy Brown, who joined WBEZ 91.5-FM as managing editor in 2019, has been promoted to chief content officer of the Chicago Public Media news/talk station.
Chicago seeks developer to open city's first casino by 2025Chicago is laying its cards on the table and officially seeking bids to build the first casino in the nation's third-largest city. City leaders want a "world-class" resort that'll draw locals and tourists while boosting Chicago's finances, but several steps remain.
Lawmakers question Exelon auditMembers of a state Senate committee sharply criticized a recent audit of Exelon's nuclear power plant operations that suggested ratepayers may need to subsidize two of those plants by as much as $350 million over the next five years.
OWP hopes to market ADHD drugNaperville-based OWP Pharmaceuticals Inc. said it has submitted for U.S. patent protection the first oral liquid suspension of atomoxetine hydrochloride, a drug often used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Window shopping: A look at some creative displays in the Tri-CitiesWindow shopping remains an interesting American sport -- and the creative process involved in it for merchants in the Tri-Cities is as important as any other marketing tool at their disposal.
Parts Town acquires Dayton Appliance PartsAddison-based Parts Town has acquired the assets of Dayton Appliance Parts Co., a leading Midwest distributor of residential appliance parts. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Gurnee approves $500,000 incentive plan to help bring Hobby Lobby to Gurnee MillsHobby Lobby will be one of three new tenants to occupy the space once used by Sears at Gurnee Mills mall after the Gurnee village board on Monday approved an incentive package worth up to $500,000 to defray the cost of renovations for the mall's owners.
3 ways to help employees reduce financial stressHere are three ways an employer can encourage their employees to prepare for the next financial emergency.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- NewsChurchill Downs says Arlington Park bids expected by June
- RoselleSelfie WRLD photo studio coming to Streets of Woodfield
- ItascaCentury Tile will close all 4 of its locations
- DiningScratchboard Kitchen hosts new dinner series Women in Culinary Driving Change
- NapervilleDespite outcry, Naper Commons subdivision plans move ahead in Naperville
- BataviaWindow shopping: A look at some creative displays in the Tri-Cities
- GurneeGurnee approves $500,000 incentive plan to help bring Hobby Lobby to Gurnee Mills
- GurneeThe shows must go on: Medieval Times, Six Flags reopening this week
- NewsDispose of unused and expired prescription drugs Saturday at locations around the suburbs
- Kane CountyKane County property tranfsers, Nov 25 to Dec. 8
- Lake CountyLake County property transfers, Nov. 30 to Dec. 3
- DuPage CountyDuPage County property transfers, Oct. 16 to Dec. 4
- Cook CountyCook County property transfers, Oct. 15 to Dec. 4
- WheelingWarehouse expansion proposed in Wheeling
- BataviaBatavia High School's building trades classes partner with Boardwalk Shops
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: WrestleMania, Michael Jordan, slot car recing, canoe classes and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Little League Opening Day, Jayne Kennedy, C3PO actor, First Test Tube baby and more