Days after submitting Arlington Park bid, Bears ink deal with Churchill's Rivers Casino
Days after submitting a bid to buy the Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Arlington Park, the Chicago Bears on Tuesday announced a new partnership with the company's Rivers Casino in Des Plaines.
Industrial park plan unveiled for Pheasant Run golf course siteDevelopers on Tuesday presented a concept plan to the St. Charles plan commission for an industrial park at the site of the former Pheasant Run golf course.
Can Arlington Heights officials control future of Arlington Park?How much say do Arlington Heights village officials have over what happens with the Arlington Park site? Only some, they emphasized Monday, on a night when the mayor and trustees approved new zoning rules that expressly prohibit certain uses on the 326-acre property.
Palatine council approves plan for 8th new car dealership in townPalatine will be welcoming its eighth new car dealership next year, provided construction takes place on schedule.
Wheeling restaurants awarded grants totaling $73,576Two businesses on Wheeling's Restaurant Row have been awarded municipal grants totaling more than $73,000 for interior and exterior improvements.
Hoffman Estates approves new Popeyes with drive-throughHoffman Estates trustees Monday approved a new Popeyes restaurant with a drive-through just east of Hoffman Plaza on Golf Road, but the developer has a couple of tasks to complete before construction can begin.
Feder: Former Tribune editor Gerry Kern still cheering for paper's successAs top editor of the Chicago Tribune for eight tumultuous years, Gerry Kern led the city's premier legacy news organization through a protracted bankruptcy, a major downsizing of staff and a solid commitment to local news, investigative reporting and digital advancement.
Skeleton Key Brewery ravaged in Woodridge, but a special memento survived the tornadoSkeleton Key Brewery & Taproom in Woodridge was one of the few businesses to take a direct hit from the tornado on Sunday. The owners lost a lot of original and custom-made artworks, but they were able to salvage a "challenge coin" gifted to them by customers.
Aptar enters exclusive negotiations to buy VoluntisCrystal Lake-based AptarGroup Inc. Tuesday said it has entered into exclusive negotiations for the potential acquisition of all outstanding shares of Paris-based Voluntis, a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
South Elgin, ComEd agree to water meter dealSouth Elgin becomes one of the first communities in the region to use ComEd's infrastructure to enable smart water meters.
US existing home sales fall again as prices continue to soarSales of previously-occupied homes fell for the fourth straight month in May, as soaring prices and a limited number of available properties discouraged many would-be buyers
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Des PlainesDays after submitting Arlington Park bid, Bears ink deal with Churchill's Rivers Casino
- St. CharlesIndustrial park plan unveiled for Pheasant Run golf course site
- Special ReportCan Arlington Heights officials control future of Arlington Park?
- PalatinePalatine council approves plan for 8th new car dealership in town
- WheelingWheeling restaurants awarded grants totaling $73,576
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves new Popeyes with drive-through
- Downers GroveSkeleton Key Brewery ravaged in Woodridge, but a special memento survived the tornado
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills plans to extend restaurant assistance program
- Des PlainesConstable: He has no pulse, but Des Plaines man hasn't missed a beat as 'LVAD Dad'
- Rolling Meadows'Over the moon,' 'Not a fan': Arlington Park neighbors ponder possible Chicago Bears relocation
- Special ReportBoth horses and Chicago Bears at Arlington Park? Some, like consortium leader and mayor, like idea
- Special ReportJim O'Donnell: Bears could be feeling earth move all the way to host and play in Super Bowl 67
- St. CharlesSt. Charles aldermen not ready to treat microbreweries like any bar or restaurant
- ItascaItasca's job growth driven by technology and manufacturing
- BartlettHistoric barn inspires a new restaurant in Bartlett
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more