After 50 years working with bicycles, Prospect Bikes owner closing his shop
Bill Schmoldt was 15 when he started working at Prospect Bikes and was tasked with changing flat tires and learning other parts of the business. Now 50 years later, he is retiring from the same bike store.
Princeton Review names Lewis University on Best Midwestern listLewis University in Romeoville again has been named one of the best colleges in the Midwest, according to The Princeton Review. Lewis is included among its "Best Midwestern" recommended schools in the "2019 Best Colleges: Region by Region" website.
Table delivery part of McDonald's plan to update 401 Illinois restaurantsMcDonald's and its franchisees are investing $317 million in Illinois to make its restaurants more modern, including adding table service, self-ordering kiosks and mobile order the pay.
Naperville seeking consultant to review 5th Avenue plansNaperville is seeking expert help to evaluate the proposals it receives for redevelopment along 5th Avenue near the Metra station.
Gurnee diamond maker competes for chance to make glass for U.S. Army laser weaponsAKHAN, a Gurnee manufacturer specializing in lab-grown diamonds, is vying for a chance to work for the U.S. Army to build better laser weapons and other futuristic military technology as part of a national competition.
Inland Private Capital sells four medical propertiesInland Private Capital Corp. in Oak Brook announced the sale of three suburban medical office properties and one in Massachusetts for a gross sale price of $45.7 million.
Zebra Technologies completes $90M acquisition of Xplore TechnologiesZebra Technologies Corp. in Lincolnshire said it completed its acquisition of Xplore Technologies Corp., a developer of semi-, fully- and ultra-rugged tablets, 2-in-1 laptops and a range of performance matched accessories.
Feder: Five named to Chicago Women's Journalism Hall of FameFive notable Chicago women -- including a mother and her daughter -- have been named the first honorees in the new Chicago Women's Journalism Hall of Fame, Robert Feder writes.
Neighbors protest proposed hotel after Roselle signs letter of intent with developerRoselle neighors made a strong showing at a village board meeting Monday night to speak out against a proposed hotel development that officials stress is still in its early stages.
Palatine considering banning vaping in indoor placesCiting health concerns, Palatine officials are exploring whether to have a local ban on vaping in indoor places along with boosting the legal age to buy such products in the village.
Official: Riverfront development could be 'focal point' for East DundeeA four-story development containing residential units, retail space and outdoor terraces could change the landscape of East Dundee's riverfront if project plans come to fruition.
Saint Xavier University gains $1.46M grantThe National Science Foundation has awarded Saint Xavier University a $1.46 million grant -- the largest of its kind in SXU history -- to support underserved students pursuing a career in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. Thirty-eight percent of students at SXU are Hispanic, and this award marks the first NSF grant SXU has received as part of the Hispanic-Serving Institutions Program.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Mount ProspectAfter 50 years working with bicycles, Prospect Bikes owner closing his shop
- NapervilleNaperville seeking consultant to review 5th Avenue plans
- GurneeGurnee diamond maker competes for chance to make glass for U.S. Army laser weapons
- BartlettInland Private Capital sells four medical properties
- LincolnshireZebra Technologies completes $90M acquisition of Xplore Technologies
- RoselleNeighbors protest proposed hotel after Roselle signs letter of intent with developer
- PalatinePalatine considering banning vaping in indoor places
- East DundeeOfficial: Riverfront development could be 'focal point' for East Dundee
- LisleNew 'Ignite' course at UTI builds interest in skilled trades
- Buffalo GroveLong Grove Vintage Days is a shopper's delight
- Campton HillsKane County OKs drug treatment center to settle federal lawsuit
- Long GroveLong Grove board to discuss possible demolition of bridge cover
- SchaumburgMeet Chicago Northwest appoints officers
- SchaumburgSchaumburg moves nursing, senior division
- GrayslakeReal estate firms form partnership
Search DailyHerald.com for articles
More ways to search Daily HeraldObituaries
Search DailyHerald.com obituaries. » Daily Herald newspaper archive
Find archived newspaper articles back to 1901. »