U.S.-China trade war intensifies as Trump calls on American companies to cut ties with China
China imposes $75 billion in retaliatory tariffs, prompting a new salvo in the trade war and amplifying concerns about the slowing U.S. economy.
Could a new Rivers Casino be headed to Waukegan?The owners of Rivers Casino in Des Plaines and Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights have proposed building a casino in Waukegan.
Blackwood BBQ to open outside Woodfield Mall Aug. 26Blackwood BBQ, known for its four restaurants in Chicago's Loop, will open its first suburban location Monday, Aug. 26, on an outlot of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
Elk Grove Township homeowners sue to block warehouse in backyardsHomeowners and businesses in an unincorporated Elk Grove Township neighborhood have filed suit to block a proposed warehouse from opening next to them.
Army veteran's Batavia coffee business grows through care, camaraderieVeteran Sal Dazzo, who served in Iraq during eight years in the Army, is now president of Gun Barrel Coffee in Batavia. He donates to veteran groups and gives veterans retail space to sell arts and crafts at his storefront.
China hits back at Trump with higher tariffs on soybeans, autosChina threatened to impose additional tariffs on $75 billion of American goods including soybeans, automobiles and oil, in retaliation for President Donald Trump's latest planned levies on Chinese imports that pushed U.S. stocks and farm commodities lower.
Arlington Heights company to install more than 5,000 solar panelsAn Arlington Heights-based machine tool manufacturer broke ground Friday on a green energy project that will install 5,040 solar panels on seven acres of the company's property.
Powell says economy favorable but facing 'significant risks'Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said the U.S. economy is in a favorable place but faces "significant risks" as growth abroad slows amid trade uncertainty.
Feder: NBC 5 to launch new lifestyle show 'Chicago Today' Sept. 6It's official: "Chicago Today," a new lifestyle and entertainment show, will premiere September 6 on NBC-owned WMAQ-Channel 5, Robert Feder writes.
Huntley board approves proposal for fitness center in business parkHuntley village officials have approved a proposal for an indoor recreation facility seeking to locate in a business park.
Mac's on Slade in Palatine closes after surrendering liquor licenseMac's on Slade in downtown Palatine has closed after giving up its local liquor license instead of contesting a suspension imposed this week, village officials confirmed Thursday.
Opportunity Zones: More than traditional real estate developmentSince Opportunity Zones were first authorized in December 2017 as part of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act, there has been significant discussion about how to best utilize these opportunities and obtain the resulting tax benefi
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Des PlainesCould a new Rivers Casino be headed to Waukegan?
- SchaumburgBlackwood BBQ to open outside Woodfield Mall Aug. 26
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove Township homeowners sue to block warehouse in backyards
- St. CharlesNew Wahlburgers restaurant taking shape in St. Charles
- BataviaArmy veteran's Batavia coffee business grows through care, camaraderie
- BusinessArlington Heights company to install more than 5,000 solar panels
- HuntleyHuntley board approves proposal for fitness center in business park
- PalatineMac's on Slade in Palatine closes after surrendering liquor license
- East DundeeSanta Springs water play area opening Saturday at Santa's Village in East Dundee
- WheatonMilitary convoy passes through DuPage County
- NapervilleFamily of heart attack survivor spreading lifesaving skills through CPR
- NewsArlington Heights funeral home to host naloxone training to prevent opioid overdoses
- Buffalo GroveWoodman's proposes second gas station in Buffalo Grove
- BarringtonBarrington chamber to honor women leaders at luncheon
- GurneeAKHAN Semiconductor issued key patent in Korea
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more