After felony convictions, Elgin man now has chance to become a marijuana craft grower
After his felony drug convictions nearly 23 years ago, Peter Maccaro hopes to start a new chapter by taking advantage of marijuana's legalization and its social equity program to become a grower.
Illinois among states considering gig worker billsThe bills seek to target what labor experts say has been a growing problem for years: companies hiring workers as independent contractors instead of employees, which cost more.
Tax season is coming and it might be as chaotic as last yearFiling taxes last year was a nightmare for taxpayers, their accountants and the Internal Revenue Service. This year might not be much better.
Analysis: Google enhances privacy and perhaps itself at the same timePutting an end to third-party cookies could cement Google's control at the expense of rivals.
Mobile apps made $310B in 2019 en route to bigger 2020Mobile app spending and usage hit a record in 2019 and show no signs of tapering off this year as faster cellular connections and more big-name video streaming services come online, industry tracker App Annie says.
NBC hopes 'free' makes Peacock stand out in streaming eraNBCUniversal is launching a new streaming service that will have a large part available for free, an approach it hopes will resonate with people who aren't interested in traditional TV.
How Naperville building could complete Water Street blockA new building to complete the Water Street block with more retail, restaurants and offices in downtown Naperville is progressing toward approval.
BurgerIM at Streets of Woodfield closes 6 months after openingThe new BurgerIM restaurant at Streets of Woodfield shopping center in Schaumburg has closed less than six months after it opened.
Altar'd State coming to Deer ParkAltar'd State, a women's fashion brand with more than 100 fashion boutiques throughout the country, will be opening at Deer Park Town Center this summer.
Plenty to celebrate for Barrington-area chamber at annual dinnerOne of the top annual events on the Barrington-area social circuit was held Thursday night to celebrate business accomplishments and raise money for a scholarship fund.
New carryout restaurant in Mundelein to serve Texas barbecueA new carryout-only barbecue joint is expected to open next month in Mundelein.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- ElginAfter felony convictions, Elgin man now has chance to become a marijuana craft grower
- NapervilleHow Naperville building could complete Water Street block
- SchaumburgBurgerIM at Streets of Woodfield closes 6 months after opening
- Deer ParkAltar'd State coming to Deer Park
- BarringtonPlenty to celebrate for Barrington-area chamber at annual dinner
- MundeleinNew carryout restaurant in Mundelein to serve Texas barbecue
- Elk Grove VillageProposed Elk Grove warehouses to get a little bigger
- Vernon HillsHi-Five Sports Zone opens in Hawthorn Mall
- Sugar GroveSugar Grove chamber sets open house
- RosemontLaSalle Solutions part of racing team at Rolex 24 at Daytona
- NapervilleDuPage Credit Union ranks as top mortgage lender
- SchaumburgGameworks starts After Dark weekly event
- CrimeWoodridge man charged in investment scam
- NapervilleTwo options on table for pet sale regulations in Naperville
- MundeleinFour Mundelein trustees renew objections to park plan
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more